Go Back    Forum > Digital Life > Computers

LinkBack Thread Tools
10-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

I need some free programs for maintenance and security of my PC but do not know which are the best the top

1of all What is the best free defragmenter? to prolong the life of the my HDD

2 What is the best free registry cleaner?

3 What is the best cleaner of unnecessary files and useless

4 What is the best free antiespyware and what is the best free antivirus and best free firewall?

5 What is the best free software burning CD / DVD / Blu-Ray?

6 What is the best free software for maintaining and increasing the speed of my system?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
1. Defraggler: http://www.piriform.com/defraggler -- just note that PerfectDisk from Raxco is better (payware).

2. CCleaner: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner -- (formerly "Crap Cleaner" because it cleans out the registry crap!)

3. Nothing. There's not one. You DO NOT want something on a computer that auto-deletes files randomly. At best, you can use WinDirStat to find large files on a system, which are sometimes unneeded, http://windirstat.info

4. Anti-malware/spyware/virus = Microsoft Security Essentials: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...tials-download -- and a firewall is included in Windows.

5. It depends on what you mean by "burn". See this: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/comp...html#post11011

6. Nothing. Speed is determined by hardware. There are programs that claim to "speed up" computers, but it's all BS. You're paying ~$100 for crap. The best method to "speed up" computers is to not load lots of startup programs (cmd:msconfig) and use the registry cleaner CCleaner. Everything else is foolishness and a waste of money.

Hope that helps.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
10-01-2013, 02:52 PM

1 All softwares is FREE 100%?

2 What is best free software burn cd/dvd/bluray?

lordsmurf please reply my others Threads
10-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Site Staff | Video

Yes, free.

For free burning software, refer to the link above. It's already written once. Besides, "burning" is a generic near-meaningless term. That's also what that list addresses. "Burning" has many tasks.

We'll handle each question in it's own thread. I'm not online 24/7. More like 1/5. If you want my advice, you need to have patience.

10-02-2013, 08:16 AM

1 Defragmenter I only used the free iobit smart defrag, Defraggler is better and superior than the smart defrag? smart defrag optimization mode has disk but Defraggler has no optimization, defragmentation Defraggler is more time-consuming defragmentation smart defrag is fast

2 I use CCleaner but it does not completely clean the registry was why I asked what is the best free software for registry cleaning

3 Microsoft Security Essentials is free? I thought he was paid, Microsoft Security Essentials is better than avast! free antivirus? Microsoft Security Essentials is better than Malwarebytes Anti-Malware? Microsoft Security Essentials is better than the combofix? had never used Microsoft Security Essentials so do not know the capacity of detection, protection and removal he has

4 What is the best free software to burn discs? I still do not know which is the best

5 What is the best free software to disable unnecessary Windows services and set my configurations windows to get the best performance system?
10-02-2013, 09:17 AM
Free Member

CCleaner is the best - you have to run the registry cleaner multiple times though.

Microsoft Security Essentials is free and is excellent
most others like Norton are garbage-ware resource hogs

i use MSE, CCleaner and run Firefox as a browser and i NEVER have mal-ware
stay off dodgy sites(like adult sites in particular) and dont download crap from untrusted sites and you will have no issues
10-02-2013, 02:28 PM

Still got questions anyway, where is the opinion of lordsmurf?

1 Defragmenter I only used the free iobit smart defrag, Defraggler is better and higher than the smart defrag? smart defrag disk optimization mode has Defraggler but has no optimization, defragmentation Defraggler is more time-consuming defragmentation smart defrag is fast

2 I use CCleaner but it does not completely clean the registry was why I asked what is the best free software for registry cleaning

3 Microsoft Security Essentials is free? I thought he was paid, Microsoft Security Essentials is better than avast! free antivirus? Microsoft Security Essentials is better than Malwarebytes Anti-Malware? Microsoft Security Essentials is better than the combofix? had never used Microsoft Security Essentials so do not know the capacity of detection, protection and removal he has

4 What is the best free software to burn discs? I still to not know Which is the best

5 What is the best free software to disable unnecessary Windows services and Set my windows configurations to get the best system performance?
10-04-2013, 12:52 AM
Site Staff | Video

1. I don't know if it's better.

2. That's it -- that the best. You may have to run it 4-5 times, however, before it returns no results.

3. MSE is free. Go to the site. I think MSE is better than MalwareBytes, yes. Note that I use both. MSE on Win7 systems, MalwareBytes Pro (not free) on XP. I don't think MSE works on the older XP systems is why.

4. Refer to the other thread.

5. None needed. Use msconfig.

10-05-2013, 10:26 AM

I only want to know what are the best free since I've used a lot and wanted to know the best not to keep switching software

I have an old machine AMD Duron 1.20Ghz, 480MB RAM PCCHIPS M810DLU Seagate 18GB HD and Windows XP Pro but soon enough I'll put together a new PC but want to know what are the best free programs of the functions I mentioned above

Tags
free software