Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Author, Make Menus, Slideshows, Burn

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Free Member

I went to burn a dvd I just made, and it said the bitrate was too high, and to remove some audio tracks, however, it's still letting me burn the image file...should I just ignore that and burn it as normal or should I do something else?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Quote:
it said the bitrate was too high
What is "it"? What program is giving that error message?

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
11-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Free Member

I went to burn the image in workshop, as u told me to do at the end after designing it, and for the first time it said the bitrate was too high, to remove some audio tracks....I remember it said it was 4.2 gb.....so, what should size should I try to keep it?
11-12-2009, 11:49 PM

4.2GB is not bitrate. That's the filesize.

The max bitrate for audio+video is 9800kbps or 10080kbps, depending on the audio stream. You've done something wrong.

You can't use a 15,000kbps video file, for example.

You're not actually burning a disc in DVDWS, you're "burning" to an ISO or folder set. Don't try to burn an actual disc in DVDWS.

11-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Free Member

Where can I tell in workshop the size of it then? Because I just burned one that said 4.1 GB and that error didnt come up..but 4.2 GB did bring the error up...
I wasn't trying to burn the DVD in Workshop, I only burn the image as you told me to do before.
11-13-2009, 01:43 AM
Free Member

I just did another DVD, and it said the file size was 4.2 GB, but when I went to the burn the image that error message saying it was too big didn't come up. However, on the other DVD, it was also 4.2 GB, but the error message saying it was too big came up.....that's weird..
11-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Free Member

When i went to burn another DVD in Imgburn, it said it was too big to fit on the disc, what do I do when that happens? Do I have to just delete the entire video and do it over from scratch..capturing...etc....or, is there something else that I can do to save me from having to redo everything?
11-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Free Member

Hi:
Have you considered using a program like DVD Shrink as an option? That might be a better work flow alternative for an editor in possession of a skill set such as yours?
11-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Free Member

No, I haven't tried that actually, but that's a good idea. I've only used DVDShrink to copy DVDs. Would I just open it in there, and hit backup as I do to copy a DVD?
11-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Free Member

I'm not a moderator, but if you've already created your DVD project folder (and its integrated DVD file structure), regardless of its size (4.1 GB, 4.2 GB, 8.4 GB, 14.2 GB, etc...), open THAT with DVD Shrink. Allow the program to perform a "deep analysis", then make your .iso image ("backup!"). DVD Shrink will compress your folder just enough to fit perfectly across the (full) face of a disc. This particular feature of this program is precisely why DVD 'Shrink' is named as it is...
I only make this suggestion to try to keep you from beating yourself (and the admin) up over all the compression, bit rate, overall file size, etc. questions.
DVD shrink has an on-board "help topics" section. If you get stuck, read through that. Before someone else will help you, you must be willing to help out yourself, first...
...Best of luck to you!
11-13-2009, 03:40 PM

Homemade sources tend to take a real quality beating when run through DVD Shrink. DVD-Rebuilder may be a better option, as it full re-encodes the video.

Starting over may also be a good solution.

You have to carefully watch your file size.

On the other hand, it may be time to just admit defeat on this one disc, and burn to DVD+R DL instead, and be more careful next time, if your goal is to fit everything onto single-layer discs.

Beyond all this, 4.2GB is filesize, not bitrate. Not the same thing.

You seem to be having several unrelated issues. You'll just need to muddle through it and hope for the best.