Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Quote:
Just found your website. What a shock! Verbatim were not on sale locally, so I bought Sony. It's annoying as hell to not know what you are getting until it is bought, opened up, and inspected via software. The Sony's I bought are really RITEK-F16-01. If I had been more observent, I would have seen a few words in Spanish on the packaging. Oh, well, at least they were cheap at BestBuy $13/50 DVD +R.

From now on I order online through one of your recommended sellers. Thanks.
Glad you found the site.

Indeed, it is annoying. But unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it. If manufacturers/brands had their way, we'd never have known about the backside of the media business, and how a "Sony" isn't really a Sony.

Thanks for the update on branded Sony discs being RITEK media. That's a new one to me. It was a matter of time before another manufacturer took over, seeing how Daxon shuttered itself at the beginning of 2010. (Daxon being the former manufacturer of Sony DVD-R and Sony DVD+R discs.)

RITEKF discs are not bad, for duplicates. I would not suggest those for archival masters or important backups, however. Just good for burning something you can replace, if needed.

Take care. Thanks for writing.

This question was asked via email. Site Staff no longer answer tech questions via email, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
The following users thank admin for this useful post: mlongue1 (01-17-2011)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors