Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
12-22-2011, 11:11 PM
Free Member

Is there a CD media guide on this site? I did a search for same and found a post (11-15-2010, 03:05 AM) from "kpmedia" that said: "We get this question about once a month, and it's a good one! We actually used to have more information for CD-R available on our "tips blog" that was discontinued in 2006 after some hacking. Blogs in those days were pretty terrible code, so we just gave up for a while. There was full intention on restoring it in 2008, but it just happened. Instead, that information is going to be revived into our new site, which is about to launch."

I can't seem to find it.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-28-2011, 06:16 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Hi Kurt, welcome to the site.

The new site launched silently at the end of September 2011 (finally!), and we've been working on new content for months now. There's a lot of new guides, guide expansions, guide updates, new editorials, new reviews, and more -- all of which remains unpublished pending fact-checking and final proof reading. But some heavy Oct-Dec projects for clients (paid work) have taken us away from the site development (unpaid work) temporarily. You'll find most of this new content being published in Q1 2012 (Jan-March).

In the meantime, know that CD, DVD and Blu-ray media all have similar buying rules. The same manufacturers are good or bad. With CD, it's not quite as bad on the coaster % due to the data area thickness, but you'd still be better off with a well-made Taiyo Yuden CD-R, as opposed to some cheapo CMC disc packaged under a office supply store's in-house brands.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.