Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-09-2011, 12:36 AM
Premium Member

Every time I get to the page http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...io-filter.html , it appears for about a second, then only a blue background appears, with all the images gone. I'm just trying to get to the Digital Faq Sound Forge Filter Pack download, as described on http://www.digitalfaq.com/guides/vid...soundforge.htm . I have a WAV file of my high school choir, with a constant very low frequency rumble, that I would LOVE to remove or reduce. Thanks very much, LS/KP
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-09-2011, 02:16 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This was caused by a coding conflict with Internet Explorer -- the worst browser ever made. Apparently some of this site's new coding and features must be blocked to IE, so only Firefox, Safari and Chrome users will get the 100% digitalFAQ.com experience from now on.

Yet another reason to dump IE -- be it IE6, IE7 or IE8. They're all crap.

Use Firefox 3.6, Firefox 4, Safari 5 or Google Chrome.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
03-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

There was possibly a cache corruption issue going on, too. I just now rebooted the server. The site's been acting weird for the past 24 hours. Remember that there is a LOT of construction going on here. While we attempt to keep it hidden until it's ready, I think more and more of it is leaking through prematurely! (Referring to unfinished opcode cache screwing up the forum.) Hopefully a reboot was all that was needed.

Computers. * Sigh *

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
03-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Premium Member

I used Google Chrome to successfully download SF Preset Manager and the DF/SF filters. I used the rumble remover to remove a lot of the low rumble on one of the old school choir WAV files I captured from an ancient (1965) open reel tape (and only one 1/16" track of that!). It sounds better now, and after some more pop/crackle removing, and copy/pasting of good over bad sung words, I'm very encouraged with the results! I am making CD-Rs of these old band and choir tapes and giving them to my old high school friends (those of us still living!...) Thank you for all your help, LS!