Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-24-2012, 03:06 AM
Premium Member

Ive been reading and cross-referencing back and forth on all the very exaustive and well written information on DFAQ for a few years now,and I was wondering if admin could put together an up-to-date "short-list" of currently availabe (New and old) software/Hardware and workflow, for beginners like me,who aren't quite as well versed with this stuff, and a kind of quick guide to help me get rolling along???then as I stumble along, I can go back to your more detailed guides when I need to.I guess an example would be like the "Cheatsheets" we use in pest control for figuring our mixes,but with Video instead???[list][*]Hardware,Software,workflow for VHS toDVD Basic[*]Hadware,Software,Workflow for VHS to DVD Advanced[*]Softare,Workflow for VHS to Hard Drive[*]DVD to Hard Drive wokflow,Software

Now you already DO have such guides!,But I guess I'm talking about an even more condensed and shorter guide for quick reference,for dummies like me with A.D.D., who get confused,distracted and need lots of Help Remembering what I was doing on the computer yesterday!!!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-24-2012, 03:22 AM
Premium Member

Maybe a list from admin without any 2nd or 3rd choices that decides for me(?) depending on which outcome is desired,Like for for VHS to DVD,(assuming capture is already done);Edit with Womble,Filter with V-Dub,Encode with Tmpeg,Burn with Nero,Make covers,lables with xxxx,...If that is possible??
08-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Premium Member

I was trying to explain how frustrating it is for a 4 year newcomer to all this Video AND Computer stuff to transfer VHS to DVD (or to Computer),all while trying to juggle a very demanding Job at the same time..After being disappointed with the results from the standard VHS to DVD "COMBO" Units available on the current consumer market,(before I even started with a computer)..I found your site a truly refreshing wake-up call!!..So after stumbling into, and picking up the proper hardware,and fixing all the bugs that come with setting that stuff up! I guess my main problem is selecting the right Software that will complete my workflow !!! I just installed the Womble Mpeg VCR from the Premium member's section and it worked great with My MPEG CAPTURES!! so far from ATI AIW card...SO I guess my original request is for a 2012 DFAQ-All-in One Guide for VHS to Hard Drive Hardware/Software Guide???Because everything is moving to Cloud-Based Media..But we all have family and friends who are still, just now getting into Disc-Based Media Thank

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

08-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
This will be addressed by an upcoming guide. Q4 2012 is entirely reserved for site work.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: rocko (08-06-2012)
08-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Premium Member

Just to further refine my suggestion, (Say For Video Capture)- My personal confusion really is with which Software to use once I have a Good looking capture file,depending on what I want to do with that file? (Some captured footage is good to go,some needs a little or lot of Filtering and/or cutting or re-arranging,Ect)..(done quicker on the win7 computer?)..After all,The Capture Hardware decisions and set up has already been done, on the VCR-TBC-WinXP-ATI Card End of things,so personally I was a little confused about which editing/Filtering software would work best thats available today..(then I found out the Earlier versions of VirtualDub and Womble available on DFAQ work just fine on my newer Computer!!