Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-19-2015, 08:14 AM
Free Member

Hi, am really hoping some of you clever people can help me... It's my daughters nativity play soon, and the preschool want to film it and produce a DVD for parents. There is no filming/photos allowed to be taken by parents (for obvious security reasons) but I am worried that the DVD which is being made by the preschool could so easily be downloaded and put online/shared via social media by parents.
My question is- are you aware of any 'block' that could be put on the DVD to stop it being copied or downloaded? Or a dvd format which again would be difficult/ not compatible with downloading? I can then suggest that the preschool only produce these.
I am not technologically minded and would really really appreciate any advice! Many thanks :-)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-19-2015, 08:54 AM
Free Member

The short answer is not really.

If they're actually pressing discs rather than burning them they could make it slightly more difficult for a lazy person to copy, but anyone with a little determination can get past all of the Hollywood big money copy protection solutions.
The following users thank msgohan for this useful post: lordsmurf (01-03-2016)
01-03-2016, 01:07 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
No. This has been tried many times, and it always fails.

... and it will just piss off parents that want to share a video of little Suzy dancing with Grandma in another state. The school will be inundated by complaints, and be forced to find another video producer next year.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs