Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-02-2016, 05:10 PM
Remembered

Quote:
If you end up using the camcorder for passthrough, set it to use 48kHz in the menus.
Yes, he should do
But applies only to the new Recording on tape
Are tapes with 32 KHz then recorded is also copied in so passthrough.

encode 48 KHz to do in postproduction

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bitrate_Audio.jpg (85.5 KB, 4 downloads)
The following users thank Goldwingfahrer for this useful post: RDM56 (02-09-2016)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-07-2016, 10:13 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgohan View Post
I must say that I did my very first hardware DV capture last night, and the results were worse than I had expected based on that PAL Video8 comparison thread. The quality loss was immediately apparent to me as soon as I viewed the resulting captured file
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
If you post samples elsewhere, we would all appreciate a link to the post.
VideoHelp: DV conversion vs lossless capture - comparison (Hi8) [WARNING: auto-load!]

I haven't tried a VHS passthrough conversion with the Sony Digital8 yet, but I did capture some Video8 tapes to DV. I don't see compression artifacts jumping out at me like with Hi8.
The following users thank msgohan for this useful post: RDM56 (02-09-2016)
09-03-2016, 09:39 AM
Free Member

I am still wanting to get back to converting all my VHS tapes to the best digital format recommended for easy, size, and quality but 5 months ago I started a new full-time job and totally got side-tracked and continue to get side-tracked, so hopefully I can put all the good advice from this forum to work and get my conversion done sometime in the near future. I want to put together the list of recommended equipment I will need to purchase to make it happen including Windows software and hardware (since nobody seemed to think it could be done on my iMac easily), a good VCR (if one can be found - assuming I need one but I have the Sony SVO-2000 now), etc. Hopefully everything in this thread has that covered, but without reading everything again, I remember the thread was very long, and I am hoping for a simplified list of things gathered from the thread of what is precisely needed. I hope to get back in touch with everyone on this has been so helpful. Thanks again.
The following users thank RDM56 for this useful post: lordsmurf (01-11-2017)

Tags
avi, codecs, format, vcr, vhs