Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Hardware Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-20-2024, 12:44 PM
Free Member

Hi,
I sent out my Panasonic 1980p VCR for repair. I received it back yesterday and the loading door wonít open so I am unable to insert a VHS tape. When I try to insert a tape there is a lot of resistance on the door and I donít want to break it. Does anyone know what would cause this and how I can fix it? Also is ok to use a VHS-C adapter tape in this VCR? Thanks
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-20-2024, 04:01 PM
Free Member

Odds are that the front panel wasn't snapped back on with the door while the door was in the "open" position when the unit was reassembled. I've never seen it happen where the door jams during shipping, so odds are that whoever repaired it didn't test it at all after final assembly afterwords as they'd have noticed that the door didn't open themselves when they went to put in a tape.
06-20-2024, 05:01 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramkolt View Post
Odds are that the front panel wasn't snapped back on with the door while the door was in the "open" position when the unit was reassembled. I've never seen it happen where the door jams during shipping, so odds are that whoever repaired it didn't test it at all after final assembly afterwords as they'd have noticed that the door didn't open themselves when they went to put in a tape.
Thanks for that info. I think that's what happened. Once I removed the top cover I saw the white piece that was sticking up preventing the door to open. I pushed that down and it is working now. The person that repaired it tried telling me I broke it trying to put a VHS-C adapter tape in. He said those shouldn't be used in this machine. VHS-C adapters won't harm the VCR right?
06-20-2024, 05:13 PM
Free Member

Quote:
I received it back yesterday and the loading door won’t open so I am unable to insert a VHS tape. When I try to insert a tape there is a lot of resistance on the door and I don’t want to break it.
Why don’t you take it back to your repair guy if it’s like that right when you get it back?

Quote:
The person that repaired it tried telling me I broke it trying to put a VHS-C adapter tape in.
The 1980p ags are the best VCRs for VHS-C tapes. I use mine on VHS-C tapes.
06-20-2024, 08:18 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary34 View Post
Why don’t you take it back to your repair guy if it’s like that right when you get it back?

The 1980p ags are the best VCRs for VHS-C tapes. I use mine on VHS-C tapes.
I would have taken the VCR right back but it wasn't someone local. It was Deter's AG-1980 Repair Service. I had to ship the VCR to him and he shipped it back. Once I was able to get the VCR door to open I put in a VHS tape and it plays for 2 seconds then stops. When I tried to eject the tape it wouldn't come out and said F05 on the display. After a few tries I was able to get the tape to eject. I have sent him an email because this definitely isn't acceptable for a brand new repair that cost so much.
06-20-2024, 08:48 PM
Free Member

Quote:
It was Deter's AG-1980 Repair Service.
Okay I see. I didnít know that. Weíll heís the most recommended person there is for fixing these. I would just be patient. Itíll get figured out. I didnít understand the VHS-C comment but its probably a misunderstanding somewhere.

I would make sure your getting a JVC C-P7U adapter for your VHS-C tapes.
06-20-2024, 09:07 PM
Free Member

Do you know a good place to purchase that adapter? When searching online I am only finding used ones on eBay. Thanks

Edit: I was able to find some new ones on eBay.