Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Hardware Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
12-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Free Member

Hi, I've been doing some vhs captures with my svhs unit (JVC SR-V101US) for a week now and I've run into some troble causing by the vcr during playback. I dont know what's causing this, but I know that it doesn't apear at the the same places (whem playing the tapes) and that the issue is gone when I'm plugging and unplugging the rca cable, which has been replaced 3 times this week. I tried to play some the same tapes on anothe unit (Panasonic AG-W3) and the issue is no longer there. I the same with a Sanyo unit (VHR-H532) and the issue is back on some. So, what could be causing this ? I've thought the my units (Sanyo & JVC) both need a good internal clean up, but I prefer to ask some advices to some of the experts here (Lordsmurf & all).

I've attached an audio sample for you to see. Let's hope that this issie can be solved.

Thanks to answer

Attached Files
File Type: 7z AUDIO NOISE.7z (1.15 MB, 1 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Former Site Staff | Computers

It sounds like either the tracking or alignment is off on the tape.

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Check out my latest Editorial.