04-23-2015, 02:34 PM
Free Member

Has anyone had experience with GC Electronics or Permatex White Lithium Lubricant? I read about a bad experience with it.

Or what about Phonolube? Electrolube? Superlube? Thank you for any advice.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-26-2015, 01:36 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Hint:
Call one of the repair places we recommend here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vcr-...place-jvc.html
FYI, I'm currently reworking that list, so details are still missing.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
04-26-2015, 04:14 PM
Free Member

What area are you wanting to lubricate? Panasonic uses molybdenum grease SPARINGLY on metal to plastic interface and white molycoat grease on plastic to plastic parts. The molycoat is part number RFKXEM30L, a Panasonic part number. It is non-spreading.
05-04-2015, 10:36 PM
Free Member

Thanks. The JVC I had started to make screeching sounds after removing a tape caught in the takeup side. I think it is plastic to metal, but would white lithium grease work in both scenarios? And are those Panasonic grease applicable to JVC? Typically I believe plastic parts are self-lubricating but I do not have any other explanation.

JOTS said they use lithium grease and phonolube, while Southern Advantage uses lithium grease as well.
05-05-2015, 04:10 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsordawson View Post
Thanks. The JVC I had started to make screeching sounds after removing a tape caught in the takeup side. I think it is plastic to metal, but would white lithium grease work in both scenarios? And are those Panasonic grease applicable to JVC? Typically I believe plastic parts are self-lubricating but I do not have any other explanation.

JOTS said they use lithium grease and phonolube, while Southern Advantage uses lithium grease as well.
I have had screeching from plastic to plastic parts - and the tiniest dab of grease quietened it. My noise came from where a drive cog was making a noise on the spindle. With white lithium grease you must be careful as some is quite heavily oil based and in use the oil can harm the plastic parts (harden them). That is why some of the Panasonic K decks fail to load - the oil separates from the moly grease and cracks the plastic it is supposed to be lubricating. If buying any grease I would buy from somewhere like Maplin where the Servisol range will be tuned to electronics repair rather than automotive.
05-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Free Member

Well since I am in the US I was planning to buy Permatex's white lithium grease, as seen here:
http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-80345.../dp/B000HBNV58
Servisol seems to have a number of greases, such as Silicone Grease 70 and Super 10, but I do not know how any Servisol's product compares with Permatex.

http://www.crcind.com/csp/web/functd...brand=SERVISOL

Tags
transport assembly, vcr lubricant