02-28-2016, 08:36 AM
Free Member

Hi

I am looking for a service center in the uk that deals with jvc/Panasonic super vhs recorders jvc 9500 and Panasonic Panasonic NV-FS 200 they only need a service new belts etc they are in perfect working order and as in new condition

all my research ever does is lead me to a load of so called repair centers who cant ever do what you wont especially cd/md recorders

so i thought save wasting my time like i always do i'll find out from the real experts here before proceeding

thanks

i live in sussex uk

one will at some point come up for sale but i also have 2 others that i will need to find a home for also they 2 are in as new condition but i don't have those model numbers to hand as this time
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-01-2016, 08:11 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Sadly, most have disappeared in recent years -- mostly due to the worldwide recession. The UK options were always less than the USA options, which is no surprise given the size difference. Even in the USA, we now have (at most) a half dozen options. There used to be at least 3x as many.

We suggest TGrant to all our users here, though I'm sure it'd be pricey to ship a heavy VCR stateside.

Perhaps he has a lead?
I was hoping some of our European forum members would chime in, but none have so far.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
03-02-2016, 03:50 AM
Free Member

Thanks for your reply
luckily they are all working and in perfect condition despite their age having had very little use so when i get the time i will have around 2 out of my set of 5 for sale which are new
They are not top models but none the less new machines are hard to come by and will be satisfactory for most purposes
04-05-2016, 08:17 AM
Free Member

I'm in the UK and am happy to advise and help with Panasonic service where I can, as a qualified repair tech. The FS-200 has no belts, being a G deck, however some points are worth servicing - and a new roller fitting as a matter of course as the roller when worn will skew the tape.
The following users thank Quasipal for this useful post: lordsmurf (04-05-2016)
04-05-2016, 08:43 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasipal View Post
I'm in the UK and am happy to advise and help with Panasonic service where I can, as a qualified repair tech. The FS-200 has no belts, being a G deck, however some points are worth servicing - and a new roller fitting as a matter of course as the roller when worn will skew the tape.
Thank you i will make contact with you as and when i would like this service done
04-05-2016, 09:01 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasipal View Post
I'm in the UK and am happy to advise
Do you offer repair work?

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
04-05-2016, 09:47 AM
Free Member

I used to, but now don't as a general rule for two reasons - parts availability, which is just not there any more, and I don't have room to store scrap machines to raid for parts, and also shipping, which now my post office has closed makes it awkward. However I have a few spare parts and tools for servicing and alignment so help as I can.