Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-19-2022, 12:13 AM
Free Member

Hey!

I finally have the time to capure my vhs (tvrips, cartoons, personal tapes etc) and I want to be sure that everything is set correctly.

VRC (HR-S7600EU)
Should I change someting here? TBC button is always on.

c01.PNG
You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

Virtualdub

1) Crossbar Thing -> S-Video selected & Link related streams is disabled
(Pinnacle 710)
c02.PNG
Virtualdub:
2) Device -> Device settings -> all disabled ("switch audio source when changing video sourse" was on)
3) Video -> Preview
4) Video -> Compression -> Huffyuv v2.1.1 -> Configure -> I disabled "enable full size output-buffer"
5) Audio -> Volume meter
6) Audio -> "Enable audio playback" is disabled
7) Capture -> Timing -> I disabled "Drop frames when captured frames are too close together" & "Insert null frames when captured frames are too far apart"

Should I check/change something else? I hope that I didn't do anything wrong.

Also, I put a vhs and I noticed that the average rate was 24.8-24.9 instead of 25fps (I've set it as 25fps in settings) and I had some issues with Sync: Current error. Do you think that it's my tape's issue or should I change something to fix it?

Thank you in advance!

Ps. I'm using windows 10. I had freezes issues with my windows 7 laptop.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-22-2022, 10:19 PM
Free Member

Any tips?
Also do you thing that I have to change brightness, contrast etc before capture or after?
11-23-2022, 02:50 AM
Free Member

Why do you want generic rules? You should experiment with your own material what is best. The setting of the JVCs are tape and source dependant.

There are tens of posts about this; some comparison here https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vid...html#post70663 and here https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...re-%28again%29

Quote:
Also do you thing that I have to change brightness, contrast etc before capture or after?
You need to change the levels before capturing to stay inside the capture range of your card, and after, if needed, according to your taste and your post-processing.

A channel on S-VHS / VHS capture and AviSynth restoration https://bit.ly/3mHWbkN
11-26-2022, 12:01 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollo2 View Post
Why do you want generic rules? You should experiment with your own material what is best. The setting of the JVCs are tape and source dependant.

There are tens of posts about this; some comparison here https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vid...html#post70663 and here https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...re-%28again%29

You need to change the levels before capturing to stay inside the capture range of your card, and after, if needed, according to your taste and your post-processing.
Thank you!

I tried to change some VCR settings.
Picture control (Auto, Edit, Soft, Sharp) and Digital 3R (on/off). I tested 1 cartoon tape. I guess I should test more tapes.
But for this tape, D3R as On was always better for every P.C option. As for P.C. option, Edit and Sharp was the best. Although Sharp is more clearer/sharp but it's interlasted compared to Edit option and for same reason the frames are not centred in the same way even tho it's the same frame. I don't why.
(TBC and B.E.S.T was always on.)
I guess audio is always the same, right? (I just pick uncompressed option in Vdub).

btw, for some reason, everytime I rewind my tape (after it finishes the Rewind, I mean), VDub loses the signal (black image) and I have to press play and Capture to make it work. It makes difficult for me to start capture before the tape starts so I can capture from time 0. Is there anything I can do?

11-26-2022, 03:57 AM
Free Member

Cartoons are not ideal for a testbench.

Post a raw capture segment, not a vlc snapshot. The comparison may be affected by any filtering in the player.

Generally, with a "edit" mode better to use "D3R" off, with a "normal" mode better to use "D3R" on, because with this mode there is a spatial and temporal noise reduction leading to a "softer" picture. Generally, these are the 2 best combination, YMMV.

The mode "sharp" is enhacing the edges but introducing problems: https://imgsli.com/MTM2MDk2 (look at the vertical lines in the cilinder) and increase the halos. I would not use this mode.

If you plan an AviSynth restoration with denoise and sharpening, operations that are more effective with AviSYnth than what you can achieve with the VCR, the general rule is to use "edit" + "NO D3R", but on my material I saw exceptions, so experiment yourself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1jp...cMC7e3mAr6svPh

Quote:
TBC and B.E.S.T was always on.
T.B.C. always on is OK.

B.E.S.T. always on when you play tapes recorded using a JVC with this setting on is ok. For other tapes, experiment yourself, because these is a significant difference in the final image (I generally use B.E.S.T. on)

A channel on S-VHS / VHS capture and AviSynth restoration https://bit.ly/3mHWbkN
The following users thank lollo2 for this useful post: captainvic (11-26-2022)
11-26-2022, 04:38 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Quote:
I disagree, it's ideal for some tests. For example, when you want gradients or lines.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
11-26-2022, 04:48 AM
Free Member

Quote:
I disagree, it's ideal for some tests. For example, when you want gradients or lines.
True in general, but here we are discriminating between norm and edit mode of the JVCs. The difference is that the first tends to remove details while performing the noise reduction. Then we need an image with full of small details, easier to find with no cartoon video.

11-27-2022, 11:37 PM
Free Member

Quote:

Post a raw capture segment, not a vlc snapshot. The comparison may be affected by any filtering in the player.

Generally, with a "edit" mode better to use "D3R" off, with a "normal" mode better to use "D3R" on, because with this mode there is a spatial and temporal noise reduction leading to a "softer" picture. Generally, these are the 2 best combination, YMMV.

The mode "sharp" is enhacing the edges but introducing problems: https://imgsli.com/MTM2MDk2 (look at the vertical lines in the cilinder) and increase the halos. I would not use this mode.

If you plan an AviSynth restoration with denoise and sharpening, operations that are more effective with AviSYnth than what you can achieve with the VCR, the general rule is to use "edit" + "NO D3R", but on my material I saw exceptions, so experiment yourself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1jp...cMC7e3mAr6svPh

T.B.C. always on is OK.

B.E.S.T. always on when you play tapes recorded using a JVC with this setting on is ok. For other tapes, experiment yourself, because these is a significant difference in the final image (I generally use B.E.S.T. on)
I have no idea how to raw capture a frame as picture. I thought by pressing Save Image with MPC I was getting a raw one.

The attached pictures are with D3R off. I think the On versions are better (for this tape), idk. What do you think? I will test this setting more by using diffrent tapes.

AviSynth is an unknown world for me. Tbh, I don't know yet how to reduce the size of the raw file and do restoration etc. Should I check AviSynth or should I find something else?

Thank you.

11-28-2022, 04:58 AM
Free Member

Quote:
I have no idea how to raw capture a frame as picture.
To save a small portion of the captured file open it in VirtualDub, choose the trim start, trim end, select "Video -> Direct stream copy" and save.
While there to save a specific frame ad image, "Video -> Copy source frame to clipboard" and past the image in Microsoft Paint, saving from here as png.

For the middle image the setting D3R off is better https://imgsli.com/MTM2NTY0

Fot the other 2 I do not know thow to evaluate because the frames features different patterns (may be not at the same moment in time?) https://imgsli.com/MTM2NTYz https://imgsli.com/MTM2NTY1

If you do not plan any restoration (except removing head switching noise), with this tape I think is better to used "norm" and "D3R" on.

The size of the captured file can be reduced with a compression using h264 codec through a basic command line:

Code:
ffmpeg.exe -i <input.avi> -c:v libx264 -crf 17 -preset slow -aspect 4:3 -c:a aac -b:a 128k <output.mp4>
For interlaced material use (change tff to bff if appropriate)

Code:
ffmpeg.exe -i <input.avi> -c:v libx264 -crf 17 -preset slow -aspect 4:3 -x264opts interlaced:tff=1 -c:a aac -b:a 128k <output.mp4>
but is generally better to deinterlace, because with AviSynth (sorry ) you can get better results than leaving the deinterlacing to a player or a TV (exception: Sony Bravia XR A95K and similar)

Entering in AviSynth you will open a new world. There is nothing similar except VapourSynth. Other tools like NLEs and Upscalers may be used with AviSynth to perform specific actions (color correction, upscale, ...)
11-29-2022, 12:27 AM
Free Member

Quote:
To save a small portion of the captured file open it in VirtualDub, choose the trim start, trim end, select "Video -> Direct stream copy" and save.
While there to save a specific frame ad image, "Video -> Copy source frame to clipboard" and past the image in Microsoft Paint, saving from here as png.
Thanks! I attached these images but I see no difference. There are some colorful pixel at the bottom and they're brighter.

Quote:
For the middle image the setting D3R off is better https://imgsli.com/MTM2NTY0

Fot the other 2 I do not know thow to evaluate because the frames features different patterns (may be not at the same moment in time?) https://imgsli.com/MTM2NTYz https://imgsli.com/MTM2NTY1
They're the exact same moments. I capture the last frame before a big change, so I can spot it easily. I think the ON option "corrects" the interlace and that's why the images are moved.
I'll check 2-3 tapes more these days. I'll post the differences between on/off. Hoping it'll be more helpful.

Quote:
If you do not plan any restoration (except removing head switching noise), with this tape I think is better to used "norm" and "D3R" on.
By saying norm do you mean auto in Picture control setting?

Quote:
The size of the captured file can be reduced with a compression using h264 codec through a basic command line:

Code:
ffmpeg.exe -i <input.avi> -c:v libx264 -crf 17 -preset slow -aspect 4:3 -c:a aac -b:a 128k <output.mp4>
For interlaced material use (change tff to bff if appropriate)

Code:
ffmpeg.exe -i <input.avi> -c:v libx264 -crf 17 -preset slow -aspect 4:3 -x264opts interlaced:tff=1 -c:a aac -b:a 128k <output.mp4>
but is generally better to deinterlace, because with AviSynth (sorry ) you can get better results than leaving the deinterlacing to a player or a TV (exception: Sony Bravia XR A95K and similar)

Entering in AviSynth you will open a new world. There is nothing similar except VapourSynth. Other tools like NLEs and Upscalers may be used with AviSynth to perform specific actions (color correction, upscale, ...)
Thanks for the command lines.
My plan is to reduce the size without significant quality loss, for some tapes I would like to keep the audio raw, crop the head switching noise (hoping to keep the right ration xD) and maybe some color correction if needed. I can't think something else rn.
About interlaced/deinterlaced video I'm not sure what should I do, tbh. I always deinterlace my videos but is that the right thing to do?
I wish I could upscale some of my videos but I don't think my pc can handle that waiting days/months to finish a single video xD
I guess I can do all these by using AviSynth but I don't know how. I'm beginner so I need to read a lot I guess. I don't know If I'll find the right guides to help me.
Or else I'll get away with command lines or handbrake. Idk.

Attached Images
File Type: png lady_test01_pc_editt_d3r_off.avi_VD.png (536.0 KB, 5 downloads)
File Type: png lady_test01_pc_editt_d3r_off.avi_VD_09.12.728.png (577.5 KB, 6 downloads)
File Type: png lady_test01_pc_auto_d3r_off.avi_VD_06.25.488.png (661.9 KB, 4 downloads)
11-29-2022, 01:29 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Thanks! I attached these images but I see no difference. There are some colorful pixel at the bottom and they're brighter.
I suggested that method in order to be sure to extract exactly the same frame.

Quote:
I think the ON option "corrects" the interlace and that's why the images are moved.
I am not sure that your video is interlaced (that's why I proposed to post a segment of the video, rather than a picture), and no option in the VCR "corrects" interlaced sources.

Quote:
I'll check 2-3 tapes more these days. I'll post the differences between on/off. Hoping it'll be more helpful.
Although relative to your hardware and tape, It will be helpful for sure.

Quote:
Thanks for the command lines.
You are welcome. Very easy to run, giving you the full control of what you are doing.

Quote:
My plan is to reduce the size without significant quality loss,
If you use a h264 encoding with a low CRF the quality loss is quite low.

Quote:
crop the head switching noise (hoping to keep the right ration xD)
If you mask the head swtching noise instead of cropping, you keep the original aspect ratio of the capture.

Quote:
About interlaced/deinterlaced video I'm not sure what should I do, tbh. I always deinterlace my videos but is that the right thing to do?
To watch a video with modern display, it must be deinterlaced, by you or by the player. Except if you own some of the latest high end TV, it is always better to deinterlace yourself.

Quote:
I wish I could upscale some of my videos but I don't think my pc can handle that waiting days/months to finish a single video xD
A basic upscale with nnedi3 in AviSynth (for example) does not require much time/resource, more less than deinterlacing or denoising or sharpening.
If you want to use the latest algorithm in VapourSynth (ESRGAN, BasicVSR, SwinIT...) it will be much more complicated, but that's another story.
11-30-2022, 12:07 AM
Free Member

Quote:
I suggested that method in order to be sure to extract exactly the same frame.
I attached the .avi files (with no audio to reduce the size).
1. Frame 41
2. Frame 19

Quote:
I am not sure that your video is interlaced (that's why I proposed to post a segment of the video, rather than a picture), and no option in the VCR "corrects" interlaced sources.
I mean, If you zoom in here https://imgsli.com/MTM2NTYz to the metal part of the lamp you can see the horizontal lines with D3R as Off. The D3R setting "corrects" that. That's why the image is different from the other, I guess.

Quote:
If you mask the head swtching noise instead of cropping, you keep the original aspect ratio of the capture.
Should I apply the mask setting before capturing with VDub or after? I'm sorry I have no idea.

Quote:
To watch a video with modern display, it must be deinterlaced, by you or by the player. Except if you own some of the latest high end TV, it is always better to deinterlace yourself.
Got it! Thanks.

Quote:
A basic upscale with nnedi3 in AviSynth (for example) does not require much time/resource, more less than deinterlacing or denoising or sharpening.
If you want to use the latest algorithm in VapourSynth (ESRGAN, BasicVSR, SwinIT...) it will be much more complicated, but that's another story.
I see. I guess I need to study about all these. Is there an easy tutorial for beginners? Or I'll go down the rabbit hole? xD

Btw, how can I extract the Raw audio, If I want to? I tried File->Export->Raw Audio but I'm getting a .bit extension.
I also tried File->Save WAV and it seems legit. But is it the right way to extract raw audio?
If I want to get just the audio from a tape, all these settings (Picture control, D3R, B.E.S.T etc) doesn't affect the audio, right?

Thanks

Attached Files
File Type: avi lady_test01_pc_editt_d3r_off.00.avi (21.07 MB, 4 downloads)
File Type: avi lady_test01_pc_edit_d3r_on_01.00.avi (21.88 MB, 3 downloads)
File Type: avi lady_test01_pc_editt_d3r_off_2.00.avi (16.11 MB, 3 downloads)
File Type: avi lady_test01_pc_edit_d3r_on.00.avi (15.23 MB, 2 downloads)
11-30-2022, 07:19 AM
Free Member

Wait a moment.

Your captures suffer of an ugly vertical jitter. That's the reason of the jagged lines. Either the even or the even field is often shifted.

You can check yourself with this AviSynth script; open it in VirtualDub and move frame by frame:

Code:
video_dir=".\"
video_file="lady_test01_pc_edit_d3r_on.00.avi"

video_org=AviSource(video_dir+video_file)

# separate fields tff
video_org_sep_tff=video_org.AssumeTFF().separateFields()

# separate fields tff even
video_org_sep_tff_even=video_org_sep_tff.SelectEven()

# separate fields tff odd
video_org_sep_tff_odd=video_org_sep_tff.SelectOdd()

# display frames and display fields separately (equivalent to VirtualDub plugin ViewFields)
stackhorizontal(\
subtitle(video_org,"video_org",size=28,align=2),\
stackvertical(\
subtitle(video_org_sep_tff_even,"video_org_sep_tff_even",size=28,align=2),\
subtitle(video_org_sep_tff_odd,"video_org_sep_tff_odd",size=28,align=2)\
)\
)
Under these conditions, a comparison of the VCR settings in play mode makes no sense.

There is no simple way to solve this (common) problem, because I assume the lineTBC of your JVC is on. You can try another tape in better conditions (to limit the problem to this specific tape), or a different VCR, or disable the lineTBC of your VCR and add a Panasonic DVD-R ES10/ES10 having a stronger lineTBC correction.

If the shifted fields are just a few, they can be corrected in AviSynth (I wrote some post about it), but it is not your case

edit: now you understand why is better to provide a sample of the capture, an image alone does not say much

Last edited by lollo2; 11-30-2022 at 08:01 AM.
11-30-2022, 11:43 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Wait a moment.

Your captures suffer of an ugly vertical jitter. That's the reason of the jagged lines. Either the even or the even field is often shifted.

You can check yourself with this AviSynth script; open it in VirtualDub and move frame by frame:

Code:
video_dir=".\"
video_file="lady_test01_pc_edit_d3r_on.00.avi"

video_org=AviSource(video_dir+video_file)

# separate fields tff
video_org_sep_tff=video_org.AssumeTFF().separateFields()

# separate fields tff even
video_org_sep_tff_even=video_org_sep_tff.SelectEven()

# separate fields tff odd
video_org_sep_tff_odd=video_org_sep_tff.SelectOdd()

# display frames and display fields separately (equivalent to VirtualDub plugin ViewFields)
stackhorizontal(\
subtitle(video_org,"video_org",size=28,align=2),\
stackvertical(\
subtitle(video_org_sep_tff_even,"video_org_sep_tff_even",size=28,align=2),\
subtitle(video_org_sep_tff_odd,"video_org_sep_tff_odd",size=28,align=2)\
)\
)
Under these conditions, a comparison of the VCR settings in play mode makes no sense.

There is no simple way to solve this (common) problem, because I assume the lineTBC of your JVC is on. You can try another tape in better conditions (to limit the problem to this specific tape), or a different VCR, or disable the lineTBC of your VCR and add a Panasonic DVD-R ES10/ES10 having a stronger lineTBC correction.

If the shifted fields are just a few, they can be corrected in AviSynth (I wrote some post about it), but it is not your case

edit: now you understand why is better to provide a sample of the capture, an image alone does not say much
Hmm, I see. I'll try to capture more tapes in the next days with different settings (TBC on/off, D3R etc.) and I'll upload the videos.
Can I, at least, keep the audio from this tape? Or should I try something else (just for the audio I mean)? Idk. I capture the whole tape some days ago using the settings as shown in the 1st post.

Thanks for helping me out. I really appreciate it!
12-01-2022, 01:35 AM
Free Member

TBC should be always on. For this tape it is having a difficult time stabilizing the frames (fields), and introduces fields-shift. Across multiple captures the defect is generally present at the same frame, sometimes it is not. But you have too many to rely on this opportunity.
Audio is not affected by the video glitch.

12-06-2022, 11:45 PM
Free Member

Quote:
TBC should be always on. For this tape it is having a difficult time stabilizing the frames (fields), and introduces fields-shift. Across multiple captures the defect is generally present at the same frame, sometimes it is not. But you have too many to rely on this opportunity.
Audio is not affected by the video glitch.
I captured 2 more tapes to test the settings. For some reason I had an issue (I uploaded the video). I made them work by rewind them for like 3-4 sec. One of them I tested it some days ago with no issue. Idk what happend today.

https://mega.nz/folder/hcgxSZia#_kBSb0vwiaMOAycVbjWGuw
12-07-2022, 04:47 AM
Free Member

My impressions at first and quick analysis:

"me" videos

https://imgsli.com/MTM4MzY3 pc=edit_d3r=off_best=off versus pc=edit_d3r=off_best=on -> no winner
https://imgsli.com/MTM4MzY5 pc=edit_d3r=off_best=off versus pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on -> winner pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on
https://imgsli.com/MTM4Mzcw pc=edit_d3r=off_best=on versus pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on -> clear winner pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on

overall winner pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on

"po" videos

https://imgsli.com/MTM4Mzcx pc=edit_d3r=off_best=off versus pc=edit_d3r=off_best=on -> no winner
https://imgsli.com/MTM4Mzcy pc=edit_d3r=off_best=off versus pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on -> winner pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on
https://imgsli.com/MTM4Mzc0 pc=edit_d3r=off_best=on versus pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on -> clear winner pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on

To my taste the best setting for these 2 tapes is pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on, which is not the setting I generally use, but in your case is what I prefer. YMMV.

Looking to the videos instead of the fixed images the impressions are the same.

This is the script I used, you can check yourself the comparison for the future. Good luck with your captures.

Code:
v1=AviSource("VHS/me_pc=edit_d3r=off_best=off.00.avi").subtitle("me_pc=edit_d3r=off_best=off.00",size=20,align=2)
v2=AviSource("VHS/me_pc=edit_d3r=off_best=on.00.avi").subtitle("me_pc=edit_d3r=off_best=on.00",size=20,align=2)
v3=AviSource("VHS/me_pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on.00.avi").subtitle("me_pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on.00",size=20,align=2)
#stackhorizontal(v1,v2,v3)
#stackhorizontal(v2,v3)
#interleave(v1,v2,v3)
# frame 21
# https://imgsli.com/MTM4MzY3
# https://imgsli.com/MTM4MzY5
# https://imgsli.com/MTM4Mzcw

v4=AviSource("VHS/pok_pc=edit_d3r=off_best=off.00.avi").subtitle("pok_pc=edit_d3r=off_best=off.00",size=20,align=2)
v5=AviSource("VHS/pok_pc=edit_d3r=off_best=on.00.avi").subtitle("pok_pc=edit_d3r=off_best=on.00",size=20,align=2)
v6=AviSource("VHS/pok_pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on.00.avi").subtitle("pok_pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on.00",size=20,align=2)
#stackhorizontal(v4,v5,v6)
#stackhorizontal(v5,v6)
interleave(v4,v5,v6)
# frame 170
# https://imgsli.com/MTM4Mzcx
# https://imgsli.com/MTM4Mzcy
# https://imgsli.com/MTM4Mzc0

12-08-2022, 04:45 PM
Free Member

I have that VCR, best settings for me are:

B.E.S.T. : OFF
PICTURE CONTROL: AUTO
O.S.D. : OFF
DIGITAL 3R: OFF
DIGITAL TBC/NR: ON (GREEN LED ON BUTTON)
12-10-2022, 11:12 PM
Free Member

Quote:
My impressions at first and quick analysis:

"me" videos

https://imgsli.com/MTM4MzY3 pc=edit_d3r=off_best=off versus pc=edit_d3r=off_best=on -> no winner
https://imgsli.com/MTM4MzY5 pc=edit_d3r=off_best=off versus pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on -> winner pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on
https://imgsli.com/MTM4Mzcw pc=edit_d3r=off_best=on versus pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on -> clear winner pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on

"po" videos

https://imgsli.com/MTM4Mzcx pc=edit_d3r=off_best=off versus pc=edit_d3r=off_best=on -> no winner
https://imgsli.com/MTM4Mzcy pc=edit_d3r=off_best=off versus pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on -> winner pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on
https://imgsli.com/MTM4Mzc0 pc=edit_d3r=off_best=on versus pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on -> clear winner pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on

To my taste the best setting for these 2 tapes is pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on, which is not the setting I generally use, but in your case is what I prefer. YMMV.

Looking to the videos instead of the fixed images the impressions are the same.

This is the script I used, you can check yourself the comparison for the future. Good luck with your captures.

Code:
v1=AviSource("VHS/me_pc=edit_d3r=off_best=off.00.avi").subtitle("me_pc=edit_d3r=off_best=off.00",size=20,align=2)
v2=AviSource("VHS/me_pc=edit_d3r=off_best=on.00.avi").subtitle("me_pc=edit_d3r=off_best=on.00",size=20,align=2)
v3=AviSource("VHS/me_pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on.00.avi").subtitle("me_pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on.00",size=20,align=2)
#stackhorizontal(v1,v2,v3)
#stackhorizontal(v2,v3)
#interleave(v1,v2,v3)
# frame 21
# https://imgsli.com/MTM4MzY3
# https://imgsli.com/MTM4MzY5
# https://imgsli.com/MTM4Mzcw

v4=AviSource("VHS/pok_pc=edit_d3r=off_best=off.00.avi").subtitle("pok_pc=edit_d3r=off_best=off.00",size=20,align=2)
v5=AviSource("VHS/pok_pc=edit_d3r=off_best=on.00.avi").subtitle("pok_pc=edit_d3r=off_best=on.00",size=20,align=2)
v6=AviSource("VHS/pok_pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on.00.avi").subtitle("pok_pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on.00",size=20,align=2)
#stackhorizontal(v4,v5,v6)
#stackhorizontal(v5,v6)
interleave(v4,v5,v6)
# frame 170
# https://imgsli.com/MTM4Mzcx
# https://imgsli.com/MTM4Mzcy
# https://imgsli.com/MTM4Mzc0
Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it. I also think that "pc=edit_d3r=on_best=on" settings are the best for these tapes or maybe for cartoons in general. For tvrips or personal tapes I should test again.
Now, I have to see what to do next with the files (edit etc.). I'll check AviSynth first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhAoS182 View Post
I have that VCR, best settings for me are:

B.E.S.T. : OFF
PICTURE CONTROL: AUTO
O.S.D. : OFF
DIGITAL 3R: OFF
DIGITAL TBC/NR: ON (GREEN LED ON BUTTON)
Thanks! Do you think these settings are the best for every tape you captured? Like cartoons, tvrip etc.
12-10-2022, 11:16 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlsnag View Post
Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.
Yes, thanks lollo2.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: Stovepipe66 (10-23-2023)