01-29-2023, 06:36 PM
Free Member

Trying to capture some VHS via virtualdub. It seems like whenever there is some signal loss due to 1 to 2 seconds of blank tape in between segments virtualdub does some frame dropping and inserting. Which is ok I guess, but there are parts of the video with glitches, and if its a panning shot I think its inserting frames making pan appear stuttered. Id rather the video to look glitchy as it is, rather than stuttery.

So if I untick drop/insert frames under timing options, and select to sync audio via resampling at slowed/faster rate. Is there any downside to doing this? Or another way to put it. What would be the upside of inserting/dropping frames other than audio sync (since the resampling of audio should take care of sync issues)?

Side question that is sort of related. But how does Virtuadub know if audio is out of sync? It has no idea whats being shown and if audio matches.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

Tags
dropping frames, frames, inserting frames, sync