Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-19-2023, 07:44 PM
Free Member

Hello,

Originally I would assume that SATA-II would be recommended based off of other threads I've read. However, I recently read about a great method for transferring footage between an XP computer and a separate, editing computer. Which is installing a hot swap bay to remove the drive from the XP system and connect it to the editing machine. I plan on doing this. However, I am wondering if I could still use a SATA-III hard drive. I read elsewhere that they are backwards compatible, but I just wanted to double check here if I would be doing myself a disservice by using a SATA-III HDD. It would just be very convenient when hooking it up to the editing PC and not being limited to the 3GB/s transfer speed of SATA-II.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

Tags
sata, windows xp