Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
05-08-2023, 07:11 AM
Free Member

I've been capturing with the Pinnacle PCTV USB card (one of the good ATI card clones), and so far I've been happy with the results.

However, now that I got to capture SP recordings which featured professional subtitles, I notice very small jagged lines along the vertical edges of the subtitle letters. At first I thought it was due to the interlaced nature of the recordings, but a more recent LP recording got me wondering if it was indeed so because the jagged lines appear on any contorns.

Here are the examples. Sorry for the large filesize, but they are the original FFV1 capture files so that all artifacts are shown.

SP recording:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ELW...ew?usp=sharing

Dome (O Pequeno Génio do Baseball) TV2 1993 - 17 - Anda, Torao, Vamos Jogar de Vez! (Telecinco .jpg

LP recording:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LKh...ew?usp=sharing

You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

I'd like to point out that these artifacts show up both with the lineTBC Panasonic DH50 and the non-lineTBC Sony RDR-HX710.

If the problem can't be solved before the capture, can it be solved or worked around in post?

Last edited by tugatomsk9; 05-08-2023 at 07:28 AM.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

Tags
ati, card, pctv, pinnacle, usb