Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-21-2017, 04:39 PM
Free Member

Hi Everyone,

Very strange thing happening: When I have my AVerMedia capture software open, there is a specific YouTube video that, when loaded on the main pc, is making the capture PC crash. I am using HDMI for video from the main PC to the capture PC. The audio to the capture PC is line-in from a mixer. I have no issues whatsoever with game capture, any other YouTube videos, or any media that I've come across.

The YouTube video which is causing the issue is TheFatRat - Monody (feat. Laura Brehm) posted on the official TheFatRat YouTube account. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7xai5u_tnk

This same song is posted on a different account as well but it does not result in the system crashing during capture.

I haven't been able to determine anything by looking at Event Viewer.

Does anybody know what could possibly be causing this?

This just began happening 1-2 weeks ago. The same video was never an issue before now. I didn't make any changes or perform any updates during this time frame.

AVerMedia Live Gamer HD Capture Card
Windows 10 Professional
AMD Ryzen 1600
ASRock AB350 Pro 4
16GB GSkill RipJaws V DDR4 3200

Thanks in advance
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-23-2017, 03:17 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,442 Times in 2,075 Posts
1. Don't do that. Don't tether a capture computer.
2. It's probably an overlay/DirectX issue. If I open ATI MMC and VLC at the same time on my capture system, it often crashes, but not always.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs