Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-28-2019, 10:26 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbehr91 View Post
Re: the herringbone noise. Are you using the OEM Sony AC adpater for the camera? I had a generic China Pride brand one for a Digital8 camera that put out herringbone noise on S-Video out. Chokes did not help but it doesn't hurt to try. Spending the extra bucks for a genuine Sony adapter cleared up the issue for me.
Yes, it's the OEM Sony adapter, however out of convenience I used the one that came with my original camcorder. The one that came with the capturing camcorder from eBay is the exact same model. Does it make a difference if one is more used than the other?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-29-2019, 06:40 AM
Free Member

I would just test the other one to see. Usage may have an impact, but it may as well be a bad component somewhere. It's the kind of issue that will only be visible on S-Video since the Y/C filter may filter this out so someone testing the camera with a TV using a composite cable may not notice it.

The general approach is to try to replace each element in the capture chain until you find the part causing problems.

Quote:
? I had a generic China Pride brand one for a Digital8 camera that put out herringbone noise on S-Video out
I've also had an issue with a bad replacement supply. It gave a different visual issue though.