Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Edit Video, Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-17-2015, 02:20 PM
Free Member

I converted 4 AVI video files with WINAVI to DVD which plays great on my computer, but after combining the 4 files with an old application-DVD Flick Ver1.3.0.7 build 73832- that I haven't used for several years, the resulting videos start off with audio skipping for about 4-5 seconds and then the rest of the video plays great. It does the same on all 4 DVD files on my computer. Could it be the DVD Flick application causing this issue during the process of combining the audio & video files together?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-17-2015, 02:39 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,308 Times in 982 Posts
Can't answer that question. Not enough information.

- AVI is a container, not a format or a codec. AVI can contain different encodes and frame structures. If your 4 AVI's are not all alike in structure or aren't DVD compatible in the first place, you'll have problems regardless of how you try to join them.

- If you have 4 DVD's, they have to be pretty much alike to join them.

- No idea what you used to "convert" AVI to DVD.
The following users thank sanlyn for this useful post: lordsmurf (12-06-2015)
11-17-2015, 03:38 PM
Free Member

I apologize, I meant MP4 not AVI. These mp4's were old Testament cartoon characters I downloaded from YouTube, which I converted to dvd video_ts files to burn to dvd disks for grandkids to watch on a stand-alone dvd player. The conversion software was WinAvi video converter, which I've had for 15 years that has worked for my purposes. I've not had any formal training in learning about working with video & audio files, so this was a stab in the dark kind of thing. Several years ago I had 45 old vhs Gaither video tapes that were deteriorating, so I converted them to digital then burned to dl dvd disks as back-ups.
As I stated in the post, after converting to dvd video_ts files the audio was fine playing on my computer. It was after I merged them with DVD Flick that I got the audio skipping at startup which stopped after some 4-5 seconds. All 4 dvd files had the skipping after the merge.
11-25-2015, 02:55 AM
Remembered

Quote:
It was after I merged them with DVD Flick that I got the audio skipping at startup which stopped after some 4-5 seconds. All 4 dvd files had the skipping after the merge.
I do not understand the problem.

As preload before the film [Intro]or in the film

44.1 kHz and 48 kHz mixed?

When I look here in the ancient folder "Audio" of Ulead PowerTools 2.xx.
If there offered for the intro MPEG1 Layer2 ... but in 44.1 KHz.
On the DVD the sound is generally 48 KHz.
12-06-2015, 08:04 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
MP4 is also a container (tech term = wrapper). It can hold any number of formats. So what sanlyn wrote still applies.

Furthermore, WinAVI is horrible cheap chinaware software. That didn't help at all. You need to convert each clip to the desired format separately, using quality software like Avidemux. Then join then in Avidemux as well.

If making DVD, then MPEG-2 to DVD-Video compliant specs.

After conversion, use an authoring tool to make the DVD.

And a burning tool (Imgburn) to burn the disc.

Yes, more steps, but that's the difference between all-in-one cheapo software that gives you problems, and doing it the proper way.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs