Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Restore, Filter, Improve Quality

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

I'll see about extending post editing times to more minutes. Thanks for the head's up on that.

Quote:
When I just bring the audio into Womble, and transfer it to AC3 as you suggested earlier, it saves it as "filename.wav" but now, that audio file will not open in Workshop..
It's not encoding to AC3 then, but rather to WAV. And then the WAV is larger than 2GB, so it has corruption or (at very least) cannot be understood by DVDWS2. The standard size limit on WAV is 2GB, and most software has a hard time understanding larger WAV files.

Some software will dump just audio or just video into an MPG container. In order to get the elementary streams, you have to run a non-simple demux in TMPGEnc MPEG Tools (part of the TMPGEnc Plus MPEG Encoder program).

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Free Member

I didn't think it was encoding to AC3 either, so I checked just now as it was doing it, and the AC3 box was selected as it was actually doing it...so, it was selected...why do you think it's doing that?

I'm guessing this program is a bust for me as well.

Any other suggestions on programs I can use to convert the audio to AC3?
01-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Free Member

Ok..I'm having a new problem now..and I know there's something here because it's doing the exact same thing on two different DVDs that I'm trying to make...

I decided for the last 2 vids to do the AC3 in TMPEG as I've always done, so once that's done, I bring that file into Workshop and make the DVD from there, it sometimes ranges in size from 4.0-4.3 and they've always burned just fine.....

But now, the last 2 videos that I've tried to make, they have both been final size 3.8 GB, which is a little smaller then the other DVDs I've been making (keep in mind, all the others have burned just fine) So I try to burn them in ImgBurn, and it keeps saying the size is too big...and it says both videos are the exact same size.. 3,014,512 Sectors, 5,887 MB....this is extremely weird, I've never had this problem, and I know there is no way this is accurate...what do you think is going on?
01-28-2010, 02:42 AM
Free Member

I've tried a few things to make it smaller, I encoded the audio to 256 instead of 384 and it says its too big by like 30 MB..this is really weird because these videos are the same size that's always worked before 3.8-4.1, but now it's saying the size is too big to burn onto a disc, this is just really weird
01-28-2010, 02:55 AM
Free Member

Small update..
I tried to encode another audio file to AC3 in Womble, and I selected AC3, and on the General tab, I even clicked the small circle dot button where you can save the file to a certain area, and I selected AC3 in the dropdown..so in the mpeg file box it said the "filename.ac3" (if you remember, before it was saying filename.wav) so I then go to the Monitor tab, click start and it automatically turns it back to wav! I click the audio tab and it's automatically moved the button from AC3 to Linear PCM...
01-28-2010, 03:04 AM

Be sure you're using Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD -- the non-DVD version won't work. You may need to update to the most recent version, in case older ones had bugs. (I'm not aware of any bugs, however.)

01-28-2010, 03:17 AM
Free Member

I'm using the most recent version, the 30 day trial of Video Wizard DVD 5.0. I went and downloaded it after you told me about it last night.

What do you think is going wrong with this, and with my 2 videos both being called too big when they've always worked before at the exact same size, but now imgburn is saying they're too big? I've never ran into this problem before
01-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Free Member

Do you think I might have to totally recapture and reencode these videos? They were all around 2 hrs 45 min-3 hrs and I encoded them all around 3900 bitrate, but it says they're all only 3.8-4.0 in Workshop, but imgburn says there isn't enough space on the disc to burn them, when those same sizes have always burned before with no problems. I can't figure out what the problem could be..esp since Imgburn said 2 of the videos I tried to make in a row are the exact same size...I don't see how that could be possible
01-28-2010, 06:31 PM

Everything you're doing sounds correct, so I really just don't know where the issue lies.

01-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Free Member

The DVD I'm trying to make now is just a little too big. ImgBurn is saying it's 4,491 MB and the max is 4,488
I don't want to have to totally recapture, reencode and all that over just 3 MB...what can I do to make it fit?
I'm not using motion menus on this one, just text menus.
If you're going to advise I use a program, please tell me how to do it, because I've never had to shrink a video I made to fit onto a dvd
Thanks
01-29-2010, 09:20 PM

Drrop AC3 or MP2 bitrate down to 224kbps or 192kbps