Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Restore, Filter, Improve Quality

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-21-2011, 04:11 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
Quote:
Winebottler seems like a great tool. Will it also run Avisynth? As regards being buggy, do you mean it crashes often or is just a pain to get through?
Wine is a Linux program that emulates the Windows environment so Windows software can run in the Linux environment. Because Mac OS X is based on Linux (Darwin), Wine can exist in OS X. But it's an imperfect version, and then Wine is already an imperfect version of Windows runtime. So a lot of software either does not work, or runs with bugs. Video software is rather complex, most of the time, so most video software runs poorly or not at all in Wine.

Ideally, Parallels Desktop would be used by serious Mac video users needing Windows apps. Most of it works flawlessly, as the emulation is more direct-access to the hardware -- whereas Wine is not.

Quote:
When I start to recapture again, I guess I'll should switch to PC, though mine is an oldtimer XP.
It's hard to beat Windows XP as the OS for a capture workflow, with a majority of the hardware and software available for capturing.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Free Member

Hey Jmac698,

Were you able to figure out what to do with the videos? I just wanted to learn the process so I can repeat this on my other episodes. Thanks again.

I guess Wine will be too much of a hassle then for my mac.
05-31-2011, 04:10 AM
Free Member

Hi
sorry for late reply. I did some tests on them. I'm not pleased with the sudden change in colors going between videos. This can be fixed but I think I'd have to develop a new plugin for it. I need to do some colormatching.
And actually, haven't had much time for programming lately. Would like to do it though, it's an interesting problem.

Tags
convert, static, svhs, vhs