04-16-2019, 10:18 AM
Premium Member

lordsmurf,

Back in 2013 there are some threads that discuss difficulty in dropping some of the DigitalFAQ filters for SoundForge into the Sony Preset tool. One individual was using SoundForge Studio 10, which is what I've got.

Am having the same problem with the last three plug-ins, all Sony Sound Forge 9.0. The first seven drop in with no problem. When trying to add any of the last three, I get the error message, "Preset Manager has stopped working", asking if I want to send the issue to Sony. When clicking out of that, the whole preset window closes and when opening again, all but one of the first seven (Sony FX Express Audio Restoration) has become "Not Installed". In fact, even if I don't try to install the last three, when I open Sound Forge Studio, and open the Preset Manager, all but "Sony FX Express Audio Rest." have again become "not installed".

Can you shed any light?

Last edited by colony; 04-16-2019 at 10:35 AM.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-16-2019, 12:49 PM
Premium Member

Only thing I can add that may be helpful is that some of the presets only work in the Pro edition of SoundForge. The Pro edition costs hundreds, where as the non-Pro version costs less than a hundred. Features such as Click and Crackle Removal are only in the Pro edition. So I was not able to install the Click and Crackle Removal preset for a non-Pro version of SoundForge. I think there are other presets that are also dependent on Pro only features. The Click and Crackle Removal instance was just an example I knew off top of my head.
The following users thank keaton for this useful post: colony (04-16-2019)
04-16-2019, 03:13 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
What Keaton says.

Also, when Magix bought out Sony Pictures Software (which had previously been bought from Sonic Foundry), they dumped the presets manager. Quite a few complaints were on their forums.

I'm still using Sound Forge Pro 9 and 10. No reason to upgrade.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: colony (04-16-2019)
04-16-2019, 03:45 PM
Premium Member

Thanks Keaton and lordsmurf! But I am only left with "Sony Express FX Audio Restoration" plugin. "Click and Crackle Removal" as Keaton mentioned is clearly out. All the rest are full blown Sound Forge? The original posting did state that the filters would work with Studio versions as well...or maybe not?

Tags
sony preset manager, sound forge 10