Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Restore, Filter, Improve Quality

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Free Member

SoundForge 10 on W7 PC
Have followed instructions to load preset filters, and although normalize & volume won't install ... the others do.
Coverred in post : http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...lter-pack.html

However do I now need to do something else to use them ? do I have to load or something, they don't show.

I load a track ... select process > EQ > graphic
None of the presets from the preset pack show in the drop down menu.... only the standard ones with the build.

I would have expected to see ...
Enrich VHS mono 1
Enrich VHS mono 2
Enrich VHS mono 3
etc.

What am I doing wrong ... here is a jpeg of the preset manger ..preset mngr.jpg

and one of the drop down menu in SoundForge ..
You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg preset install.jpg (43.4 KB, 4 downloads)
File Type: jpg SF view.jpg (36.1 KB, 6 downloads)
File Type: jpg EQ menu.jpg (34.7 KB, 5 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-02-2013, 09:21 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Did you look here?

soundforge9-eq.jpg

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
11-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Free Member

Ya know, I gotta be honest. I tried using SF to fix the audio for some of the more "hissier" portions of my home movies, and I was getting the same problems that I got when I tried to do it with Premiere's sound add-on package (can't remember the name of it). I kept messing around with the htz options, and the only thing I was able to do with both programs that "fixed" the hissing left the audio with kind of an "echo" sound to it. The way your voice sounds when you cup your hands over your mouth is the best way I can describe it.

However, I used Audacity, clicked on one option (I believe it was "noise removal"), sampled a small portion where there was no audio, just hissing. Cleaned it up for the entire file (an hour long), and voila!! No more hissing AND the audio still sounded as clear as it does in the original.
11-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Free Member

"Did you look here? "

I don't see that on my install ...

I have a new clean install of Soundforge 10 ... all I get in Process menu is the following:

EQ.jpg

11-03-2013, 07:29 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
@Tyler, you're half right.

Audacity is often Step 1. But it has lots of side effects.

(So does Goldwave, but it's worse than Audacity. However, GW filters can be more powerful than Audaicty and Sound Forge combined.)

Anyway, you use Sound Forge 9+ to compensate for the side effects of Audacity. It really does take two to do this well. I do it all the time. If Audacity wasn't so basic, it could probably be the only program. But I honestly don't see that happening.

Adobe's filters are a joke, be it Premiere or Soundbooth. That's not Adobe's forte.

@Tafflad, the problem may be that you have the limited "Studio" version. I know it was fine in v9 Studio, but not sure about this one. I'll need to test, and it'll be about 2 weeks before I can do that. Too much work to do here, and I'm helping as best I can. Consulting, mostly. (I have medical issue right now, long story. This isn't the place.)

Audio is my thing.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: TylerDurden389 (11-03-2013)
11-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Free Member

Glad Audio is your thing ...

I confirm it is SF bought as part of Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12
SF Audio Studio 10

What I have is a lot of VHS tapes converted to digital, and having treated the Video to best I can ... want to and optimise Audio before committing to disc.

Tags
soundforge preset manager