Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Encode, Convert for streaming

LinkBack Thread Tools
10-31-2023, 11:35 PM
Free Member

So, I am trying to get FFV1 codecs to play in Premiere Pro CS5. But Premiere will only import the audio. No video. The last time this happened was with huffy videos, but I was able to get around that by copying the huffy .dll file into the MediaCore subfolder under the common files of Adobe. Now, I'm trying to do the same, but with FFV1 codecs, in hopes that that fixes this issue I'm having. The only problem is, I can't find where the FFmpeg codecs are. Furthermore, what's interesting is that gspot tells me I don't have the codec installed, but ffmpeg tells me I do when I run the command "ffmpeg -codecs". Does anyone have any insight into this?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-01-2023, 09:44 PM
Free Member

I'd like to let everyone know that I solved my importing issue by installing an older version of ffdshow! Specifically, I installed rev. 3572. It now imports and plays back smoothly. Unlike the most recent version of ffdshow that I tried a few days ago. Hope this helps someone down the road.

Tags
codec, ffmpeg, ffv1, premiere pro