02-27-2022, 05:41 PM
Free Member

I have an ATI 600 USB but wanted to try out an osprey 260e as it has some interesting features.

Using DVK-200 to generate color bars and the 260e config utilities (all connections are S-vid).

DVK>260e
DVK Base color bars.PNG
DVK>DMR-ES10>260e - black level controls dark/light (input/output)
You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

DVK>ES10>260e - dark/light w/ NR enabled (looks better to me so I left it on for the rest)
02 - DVK-ES10 on dark in light out.PNG
DVK>ES10>260e - light/dark
You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

DVK>ES10>260e - dark/dark
02a - DVK-ES10 on dark in light out, NR on.PNG
DVK>ES10>260e - light/light

I settled on ES10 on dark/light NR enabled. Now a control:
DVK>JVC-HRS9911U>260e
03 - DVK-ES10 on light in dark out.PNG
DVK>ES10>JVC>260e

Finally adding in Elite Video BVP
DVK>ES10>BVP>JVC>260e - BVP in 'wipe' aka passthru
04 - DVK-ES10 on dark in dark out.PNG
DVK>ES10>BVP>JVC>260e - BVP adjusted as best I could to 'restore' output to match original

The following users thank newby for this useful post: wimvs (03-03-2022)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-27-2022, 05:49 PM
Free Member

With that fun done I added the DVK back into the chain:

JVC>ES10>DVK>BVP>260e

In this chain, I can utilize the DVK freeze frame functionality to make adjustments. JVC R3 disabled, TBC on, analyze on/auto
JVC>ES10>DVK>BVP>260e
full stack 1.jpg

full stack 2.jpg

JVC>ES10>DVK>260e

JVC>ES10>DVK>260e top histogram, JVC>ES10>DVK>BVP>260e bottom ( I missed clipping the the actual capture w/BVP)
full stack 3.jpg

JVC>ES10>DVK>BVP>260e

JVC>ES10>DVK>260e
no BVP 1.jpg

Last edited by newby; 02-27-2022 at 06:05 PM. Reason: bad copy/paste job
02-27-2022, 05:59 PM
Free Member

I had a monitor (dell 2408WFP) arrive damaged so I've not calibrated the display but subjectively the BVP just kinda makes everything look better (I played with Shrek2 going through ES10>DVK>BPV>ATI 600 and felt the same).

However, the BVP clearly needs some adjustment (wipe is not fully leaving the left side) and the histogram looks funky on the white bar. Furthermore, the roll off is softer on the ends and black/whites may be blowing out according to the histogram. Ultimately the box may not be bringing anything to the table that modern vdub/avisynth processing cant do.

The other fun thing I did with DVK>260e was individually test all of my cables. All looked very similar though I did see little more noise on one type vs the other. Aside from monitor calibration I also still need to make up some chassis ground cables for all of the components before I start capturing for real.
02-27-2022, 06:53 PM
Free Member

My BVP also has the left vertical split too far within the frame to easily mask.
Though it’s a side note of your post, I have my BVP4+ at a shop for scrutiny and hopefully adjusted.
03-01-2022, 07:44 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryTheCrab View Post
My BVP also has the left vertical split too far within the frame to easily mask.
Though it’s a side note of your post, I have my BVP4+ at a shop for scrutiny and hopefully adjusted.
AFAIK, there is only one adjustment internally and it affects right side scan/sync.

Where are you having your unit serviced? I'm thinking the screen split pot will need replaced to remedy the issue. On my unit it's a Mouser 500k

Quote:
Originally Posted by newby View Post
DVK>ES10>JVC>260e

DVK>ES10>BVP>JVC>260e - BVP in 'wipe' aka passthru
DVK>ES10>BVP>JVC>260e - BVP adjusted as best I could to 'restore' output to match original

Just FYI I can't edit the original post for some reason but FYI the copy/paste job on these descriptions is out of order as well... ES10 was AFTER JVC so:

DVK>JVC>ES10>260e

DVK>JVC>ES10>BVP>260e - BVP in 'wipe' aka passthru
DVK>JVC>ES10>BVP>260e - BVP adjusted as best I could to 'restore' output to match original