10-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Free Member

Send a message via AIM to ECruzDigital Send a message via Yahoo to ECruzDigital
Hi,

My friend who neede help.

Patrict has a problem with his MiniDV HD.

He sent me an e-mail, he has a problem with his
MiniDV HD tapes.

Here's his message, and hopefully you have the answers to solve.

"I have equipment for DV and DVCAM (both Mini and Standard size cassettes) and DVD creation etc. I just don't have any devices - cameras or decks - that will play HD footage of any size. Thus I can't input that footage into my editing software."

What can he do???

He would want to copy his MiniHD video tape onto a DVD.
But which devices has the outputs to the stand-a-lone DVD recorder.
S-VHS and RCA composit input on the DVD recorder unit.

Thank you,
Eugene
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Free Member

If I understand you want to convert minidv footage recorded in HD to a dvd? Well I don't think DVCAM decks can capture HD. The only thing I can think of is using the original camera in which the hd footage was recorded on, and capture that to a computer. Then you can burn that to a dvd, on most computers. Or you can bring it to a company in Seattle and ask them to convert it, for a price. Or rent a camera that records in hd and use it to capture the tape.