11-06-2020, 02:30 PM
Free Member

I´m looking for a discourse hosting (https://github.com/discourse/discourse, the forum)
Do you have any experience to share? It´s a personal project, limited budget, but also wanting to get a good service.
Thanks
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-01-2021, 07:43 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Although I'm not familiar with Discourse self-hosted, I would wager that it's just like any other forum, in terms of resource needs. VPS will work better, but for small projects shared may suffice.

The requirements are Ruby, Redis, PostgreSQL, so a lot of generic shared cPanel hosts probably will not work.

I do see that A2 Hosting currently offers it, and they're an excellent hosting company.

Many more people run it on VMs, everything from a cheap DigitalOcean droplet, to better VPS plans from hosts like Namecheap, LiquidWeb, and others.

Budget matters. What's the budget.
But be realistic.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
Closed Thread

Tags
discourse, hosting, ruby on rails