08-04-2011, 02:34 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Hi Guys

How are you doing !

I have a website, I want to add a button which is directly linked with my MSN contact. So, the visitor can click the button to chat with me immediately.

How can I do it?

Thanks & Best Regards..
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Hi Naimeiiz, welcome to the site.

Adding MSN contacts is as easy as using MSN's protocol: msnim:. It's the same as http:, https:, mailto:, ftp: and others.

From the MSN site: "With the release of MSN Messenger 7.5 in August 2005, Microsoft introduced a protocol handler which allows us to integrate MSN Messenger (and later Windows Live Messenger) into our MSN Spaces, personal blogs or other websites with the use of special HTML codes. Here's an overview of the four uses of the msnim protocol handler with hyperlink examples:"

msnim:add - Allow your visitors to add you to their MSN contacts immediately.
Code:
<a href="msnim:add?contact=email@address.com">Add me to your MSN Messenger contact list</a>
msnim:chat - Clicking this link will open a conversation with email@address.com and allows instant chatting.
Code:
<a href="msnim:chat?contact=email@address.com">Click here to chat</a>
msnim:voice - Allow your visitors to start Voice chatting with you in just one click.
Code:
<a href="msnim:voice?contact=email@address.com">Start a Voice chat with me</a>
msnim:video - Launches a Video conversation straight from a web page.
Code:
<a href="msnim:video?contact=email@address.com">Start a Video chat with me</a>
Easy enough.

Simply insert those as the links for your text or images. If you want a button for MSN contact, then just hyperlink the image.

This does assume some basic/mild understanding of writing HTML code, either from scratch or simply to edit existing code from a CMS (WordPress, for example) or using a website creation program like Dreamweaver.

And as I always mention in these web publishing related topics, one of the most important things about having a website is to use a good host -- not some cheap/"unlimited" plan from a mega-host like Godaddy or an EIG brand. Read this: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/web-...-best-web.html

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.