02-03-2013, 01:46 AM
Free Member

Send a message via AIM to ECruzDigital Send a message via Yahoo to ECruzDigital
Hi folks,

Anyone here knows about how to remove a link from the web server???

Are you fimilar with Microsoft SQL Server programer??
It requres Windoes Vesta and Windows 7, which I don't have I only have Windows XP.

I need either someone or is there a tool that I coulduse, simple, to remove a link from a forum.

Further details, well, I cannot name the site on this forum, or I cannot provide the link that I want it to be remove.

The situation I'm dealing with, someone who wants me, to rmeove the link where I posted with critizen.

Okay, I agree to have it remove it.

The problem is in trying to have the link to be remove, is that it's server is completely different, someone told me. Because the link I posted on the forum is from India.

Anyone fimilar with this???

I contacted the webhost of that forum site and he wrote back which surprised me, that he wants $800 USD or $200 monthly payment in order for them to remove the link!!! That's sounds like a rip-off and you don't know who you are giving the money to. They accept Western Union and credit cards.

It's like a scam, never give anyone money for doing what you ask for, that may not do.

My friend told me that he did a research on the internet that people had discussed about that site and the charges for having their link to be removed from it. And it says it took 3 weeks to have it removed once after they paid to the person or whoever that sent e-mails about willing to remove the link from that site in India.

My friend's neighbor who knows a lot about computers and internet servers said that he wouldn't be able to help toget around with it to remove the link for me, because in India, their server is completly different thing. Such as different language and etc.

So, I'm wondering, is there anyone here in this forum who's fimilar this situation I'm into??? Anyone who's fimilar with removing links from a different county???

If anyone of you have done it, had removed links froma server in another country, and would like to know the link I want to have removed, please PM me.

Hope my query helps for answers, ASAP.

Thank you,

ECruzDigitial
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-03-2013, 03:41 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

That's a scam. What's to say the person won't put another link?

There are ways to block an outbound link based on referrer. But such things are not for a novice, and won't be 100% anyway

It sounds like there is a "link" to something that shouldn't be there. Maybe take it down?

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
02-03-2013, 04:10 AM
Free Member

Hi,

Thanks for your fast response.

No, he didn't ask for another link to post with cost. He want to charge for taking down the link I know of which is my posting that was posted in September, 2012.

The "link" to something is the thread of my posting on the site in India.

Since you believe it's a scan, there's gotta be a way to get around with it to take down the link of my posting from the forum site in India.

Hope I help you with answers.

ECruzDigital
02-03-2013, 04:37 AM

I really don't see the issue. What's so important about this post?
Unless you were posting assassination plans for Obama, are a pedo, posting nude pics of the ex-wife, are a politician, etc ... so what?
The internet is big. So you once said something you like to take back? It happens.
Odds are, given the size of the internet, most people won't notice. And even if they do, who's to say that was actually you? One word: denial.

Paying some Indian scammer is not at all what I'd do.

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
02-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Free Member

Hey,

This issue is serious, YES, someone did read my posted comment with my critizen, and I was told to take it down. This isn't about assassination plans for Obama. This is about my comment on an individual who didn't like what I said and asked me to take it down. He has his lawyer wrote to me NOT to post anything more about that individual from now on, and if they do see another post in the future, they'll press charges against me for posting another one about that individual. But they also knwo that I do have the right in freedom of speach under the 1st Admandent contitutional right, but NOT about that individual that maybe are false of what I said in my last posting. I cannot discloser the individual's description or name or company on this forum. Just to let you know how important it is to me, NOW.

Now you understand???
Appreciate for you to know.

Thanks,
ECruzDigital
02-03-2013, 01:43 PM

If they agreed to "no more" action, then the burden of takedown is on them.

It sounds as if all possible recourse has been taken. (The $800 is not reasonable.) If the other party wants to pay an Indian scammer then it's on them to remove past comments. Not you.

The thing with threatening lawsuits is that it's just that -- a threat. Either send me the papers, or shut up and go away. Paying a lawyer -- or more likely, finding a friend, buddy, acquaintance, etc -- is far, far cheaper than filing an actual lawsuit in court. It's also hellishly time consuming. Plus they'll learn that even if they win, they other party may not pay. Then they have to go back to court yet again, for that process. The entire time they have to pay process servers, etc. So a lawsuit? Right. I'll believe it when the court papers get here. The lawyer papers go in the trash as the non-scary crap they are. Easy to say, much harder to really do.

Freedom of speech applies so long as you've not said something that was knowingly flsle, and with intent to harm (financial or otherwise). If somebody doesn't like something, that doesn't matter. It's truth and the intent that trumps all.

If there is a post on another site, there may be nothing that can be done. You'd have to PM the link to see more.