Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Website and Server Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Free Member

It sends mail just FINE to the user. It sends NOTHING to alert the "staff" of a new ticket.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

osTicket should just have an SMTP setting somewhere in the script admin, along with a mailto (Google) on where to send it.

From what you mention, osTicket only allows one admin? (Not used it myself to confirm.)
And then it can only email that one admin?

Okay, no problem. To send to more than one person, create a mail list (distribution list) and send to that. That will forward emails to multi users as needed. I do this myself for several needs.

In cPanel, you can also simply add a forward more than once. For example
Code:
john@domain1.com = admin@domain
sam@domain2.com = admin@domain
Just note that the single account details can be edited by anybody with access. For example, to reset password via email. But that may not be a concern for you, if there's truly several folks sharing the admin duties.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
09-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Free Member

The problem I'm having is Admins don't get regular ticket alerts. Unfortunately, you must be either Admin OR Staff. I ended up creating a dummy staff member for each department, and then forwarding as you described. The present issue is I'm getting duplicate tickets. For now, that's better than NO tickets, and good enough for the moment.

I'll fiddle with it later,