Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Copy DVDs, Duplicate, Replicate

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-21-2008, 02:37 AM
Free Member

Got a new computer and was able to install DVD Fab and DVD Shrink. DVD Shrink is unable to burn DVDs till I Have Nero installed. Having trouble making my version of Nero recognize my DVD burner, it is "PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16A6S SCSI CdRom Device". Tried getting the latest version of Nero but didn't like the all the price tags along with it. At the moment I'm able to get the file to ISO format or videoTS folders created.

Anyone know how to make DVD Shrink burn without Nero or know how to get a free new version of Nero?

From Womb to Tomb I'm a Gamer!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-21-2008, 04:25 AM
Free Member

you can just use dvd decrypter to burn the isos, its free. You can also select it to burn automatically after shrink is done, just select bun with dvd decrypter in shrinks target device.
06-22-2008, 07:13 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Use ImgBurn. http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

and then use the new DVD Shrink version that uses ImgBurn to burn:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/521885

Forget about Nero, it's turned in a piece of crap. I remember the days when you and I burned discs and Nero was the only good program. My my, how things have changed.

ImgBurn is the burning-only redo of DVD Decrypter.
To read discs, DVD Decrypter often works still, but DVD Fab Decrypter is often needed on discs from the past 2-3 years.

FYI, your burner is a LiteOn drive, quite decent.

NOTE: Burning DVD+R DL discs is nowhere near as easy as single-layer DVD-R and DVD+R media. Just so you know. I still suggest Verbatim DVD-R or DVD+R, but know I prefer Verbatim DVD+R (I get less coasters). Sony "made in Taiwan" is another fine choice.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
06-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Free Member

Thank you. Able to burn DVDs on my new machine. It's really awesome having a quad core. Able to play a game while encoding and burning a DVD without any drop in performance.

From Womb to Tomb I'm a Gamer!
06-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Free Member

I disagree about Nero, but Imgburn is the way to go. Personally, I use use DVD2One or CloneDVD2, but you have to use AnyDVD too!