Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Copy DVDs, Duplicate, Replicate

LinkBack Thread Tools
10-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Free Member

i just got a DR-M100 (1st one of these ive ever owned)

i transferred 3 tapes to DVD with it today and they play fine in it as well as a DR-M10 and a Panny DMR-EZ28.
but on my PC they will not play in WMP or Nero Showtime at all - only PowerDVD will play them.
also i cant copy them or make an image either ive tried IMGBURN CDburnerXp and Nero 7.
imgburn give me a multi-track disc error
nero 7 burns almost the whole disc then spits it out and says burning failed (could not perform start track)

what am i doing wrong here?

i want to avoid re-encoding the disks - i just want to make exact copies.

ive never had a problem coping DVDs before, however since i last copied i freshly installed Windows 7 Ultimate.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-25-2012, 07:11 PM
Free Member

ok well DVDfab was able copy them.

weird.. the copies will play in WMP but not the originals
10-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Free Member

There is the possibility that WMP doesn't have enough codecs to play the dvd.
You mentioned you do have a player that will work however so no big deal.
There are plenty of free computer media players that work better than WMP.

About the copying, not sure but using dvdfab should be ok.
put the disc back in and open dvdfab and let it read disc.
Then click on green check at top right and then see if it lists errors.
If there are errors then something is wrong...maybe with your recorder or possibly with discs.
I have several jvc recorders and checking like this in dvdfab always shows no errors.
I don't remember what dvdfab calls them but not likely errors, unplayable sectors or something like that.
10-25-2012, 10:22 PM
Free Member

the hate WMP but im sending some copies to some non-video people who might not have PowerDVD that is why i wanted it to work in WMP.

coping them with DVDfab seems to have solved the issue.
02-01-2013, 12:49 AM
Former Site Staff | Computers

I think it could be a finalization error. It's highly unlikely, but I have heard of it happening in the past, when a recorder doesn't finalize the disc, and will only play in other recorders or in certain programs.

kpmedia says it sounds like it could be faulty media to him. Are you using Verbatim discs?

You may have already fixed the problem, but I am curious as to what it was/could be.

-JMP

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Check out my latest Editorial.
02-01-2013, 08:25 AM
Free Member

they are the good Mitsubishi Verbatim (i tried Sony discs too)and i was finalizing them.
if i copy them with dvdfab the the copies are fine so that is what i have been doing.