04-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Hello guys, I wanted to ask for help imgburn. The project is to cut advertising.
I used Womble and with the suggestion of LS and kpmedia, my netbook has worked. At least I hope!
Now I look for a tutorial illustrated for imgburn, settings, write speed .. what should I select?
thanks giana
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-09-2012, 03:59 AM
Free Member

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showforum=4

Staff note: Come on now, we can help people on this site. No need to push them to other forums.

Last edited by kpmedia; 04-10-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Let's help Giana here! :) -KP
04-10-2012, 12:11 PM

I recorded from tv with a + rw vr mode
1) Used DVD Decrypter in IFO mode
2)Womble used and saved the video on the desktop.
3)Launch imgburn: I click on write files, drag the video file on imgburn, 16x imposed. But my DVD player does not recognize the disc.

What is wrong? Help me
04-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

You have to author the video to DVD-Video format first, using authoring software.
Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD has basic authoring abilities, in addition to being a plain MPEG editor.

ImgBurn is just burning -- that happens after authoring.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
04-10-2012, 02:02 PM

Kpmedia thanks. I have cut advertising with womble, I saved and I got an mpeg video. I've saved on the desktop. I can explain step by step how to burn with imgburn?

Can you help me? thanks
04-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Remember that creating a DVD has multiple steps:

1. Ingesting the video (recording, capturing)
2. * Editing and/or optional software-based restoration optional (which may include multiple uncompressed/lossless reencodes)
3. * Encoding to DVD-Video compliant MPEG-2 format
4. Authoring to DVD-Video compliant structure -- VOB/IFO/BUP files in a VIDEO_TS folder set
5. Burning the authored DVD-Video structure to a DVD-R/+R or RW, or pressing to DVD-ROM

** Note that steps 2 and 3 are sometimes flipped. For example, you can first encode (or even capture/record to) compliant MPEG-2, and then use an MPEG editor to rearrange clips or remove unwanted clips (like commercials, if from TV sources). Womble MPEG editors allow for quick non-reencoding MPEG editing.

It looks like you've skipped step 4.

Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD -- not just any Womble editor -- is also able to author. Do you have that version?

If not, then consider authoring with a freeware like SimpleDVD, or a quality payware like TMPGEnc DVD Authoring Works.
SimpleDVD is attached to this thread: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/dvd-...html#post18469

Though not 100% on topic, I may as well toss this in... DVD recorders, of course, simply record, author and burn. Editing is rudimentary (usually hiding content, not really removing it), and authoring is using preset menus. DVD recorders are the "for dummies" version of DVD creation. It automates everything, but at the cost of reduced customization and features.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
04-11-2012, 01:44 PM

thanks for the answer.

So .. I have to register with dvd + rw vr or video?
1) register the TV with a dvd + rw
2) I insert the DVD into the recorder
3) Launch dvd decrypter ifo mode as a guide and subject to digitalfaq in desktop PC
4) launch womble mpeg-vcr.
5) and unless I get a video mpeg-ps 6) launch imgburn, drag the file to write files / folders to disc. So I'm doing, but the DVD player under the TV tells me drive not recognized
04-11-2012, 01:56 PM

It's because you've skipped authoring. Your "DVD player" is actually a DVD-Video player, and can only understand discs in DVD-Video format. That where authoring comes in. By dragging an MPEG program stream directly to ImgBurn, you've skipped authoring, and made a data disc. DVD-Video players don't understand data discs -- they only understand DVD-Video discs.

You must author first.

Use Simple DVD Creator (freeware for Windows) to author them to DVD-Video format (VOB files in VIDEO_TS folder).
Import video/audio, then author. It'll then ask you where to save the VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS folders.

author-dvd-sdvdc.jpg

Drag the folders into ImgBurn, and burn these.

You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

That's it.

04-11-2012, 02:08 PM

thanks for the answer.
Womble generates me an mpeg-ps windows media player.
I go on simple DVDs -> load -> I select the movie clip (in windows media player) ---> error loading DVD project!
04-11-2012, 03:19 PM

You never click on Load. Refer back to the three arrows on the image above (two posts up).

Input the video first, which usually auto-imports your audio.
If you have a single .mpg file, it will take some time to automatically split to separate audio and video, and then it'll load the audio.
Have patience while it's demuxing.

When your audio/video is imported, click on the Author button.

04-12-2012, 09:34 AM

I go simple on dvd. Videos >> select the mpeg file. Appearance. When he finished .. 1:51:47 'is not a valid time
04-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

I don't know what to tell you.

Install a trial version of TMPGEnc DVD Authoring Works, and see how it works for you.
This guide applies: How to Author with TMPGEnc DVD Author (TDA is now TAW5)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.