Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Free Member

It doesn't seem to me that my question is technical, but I'll leave that for you to decide. I'm interested in -RW disks. Sony -RW is listed with Ritek in parantheses on the left-hand side of the Blank DVD Media Quality Review under Best Blank DVD Deals. Sony (Daxon) is listed on the right-hand side under 1st Class Blank DVD Media for -RW. Ritek -RW is listed under 2nd Class Blank DVD Media. What's more important to consider with Sony (Ritek), the Sony or the Ritek?

This question was asked via email. Site Staff no longer answer tech questions via email, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Former Site Staff | Computers

Daxon quit producing media in 2009. If you can find Daxon, all stock is good though.

Sony RW media, I don't believe Daxon made RW media, its all Ritek.

At this point in time, FUJI Oxonol actually matters more than Daxon or Ritek. And I say that because Ritek media now uses all Oxonol dyes. Though I dont know if theres any Oxonol RWs.

From my experience, the TDK CMC RW is actually decent. If you can use 4x media, the 4x is good. For 2x or slower you need to find older Verbatim discs.

One of these would be a good buy.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B0002T8Z1A

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B000YTRUP0

Thanks,
-JMP
01-11-2013, 04:26 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Sony RW media, I don't believe Daxon made RW media, its all Ritek.
Daxon was actually the 4th or 5th world's biggest DVDRW media manufacturer.

Quote:
At this point in time, FUJI Oxonol actually matters more than Daxon or Ritek. And I say that because Ritek media now uses all Oxonol dyes. Though I dont know if theres any Oxonol RWs.
Fujifilm Oxonol is a DYE and can be used on DVD-R or DVD+R media only. The recording layer in DVDRW/RAM/BDRE media is not an organic dye, but a special phase change metal alloy.
07-17-2015, 11:10 AM
Free Member

Latest 100 pack spindle of DVD+R Sony disks from Amazon are Ritek F16 according to DVD identifier.