Go Back    Forum > Digital Photography > Photo Cameras: Buying & Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-23-2010, 05:01 AM
Premium Member

I am excited about my new camera, & I have been reading the manual for it. Can anybody give me some tips on the settings for shooting and other stuff for the camera?

I notice there are switches on both the lens barrel & on the camera body for manual or auto shooting, which would be best to use? should I have the VR switch on on the lens? what about other vibration reduction settings?

what about best combos f stop, ISO, & shutter speed for photography without a flash in low light conditions, like a museum or other places that do not allow a flash.

I am new to dslrs, so I don't yet have advanced knowledge on all the settings, there are quite a few, I scrolled through the various menu options. I want settings that will get me consistently clear shots quickly.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-24-2010, 03:45 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

These are loaded questions, and will take a while to answer. Several weeks, minimum, to go over everything, in the form of guides with examples. If it were D7000-specific info, or even Nikon-specific info, it'd be easier. But this is more like Photo 101. Not that this is a problem to ask help for -- just that it's going to take a while to answer thoughtfully.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
11-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Premium Member

That is fine, I would rather wait & get good answers, if it would be any easier, you could make it for Nikon specific cameras, or specifically the d7000.
11-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Since you're somewhat new to DSLR, we should probably start at the basics, before getting into too much camera specific info. Otherwise it won't make much sense -- you won't have the point of reference to understand what it all means.

You should also look at this thread: http://www.digitalFAQ.com/forum/show...olio-2585.html
I'll be posting some of my images, as time allows. If you see something you think you could shoot where you are, then make a new post asking how a certain shot was done. I can provide any number of details on how I did it, what I used, and what you could do to get the same/similar shot.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.