Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-28-2021, 09:35 PM
Free Member

Hi again

I finally have my project pipeline all setup (thanks for your help a few months ago). The only thing I'm missing now is an affordable VHS deck that I need to record digital video to and digitize video from. I'm not sure where to buy one from.

I tried buying a cheap used one on Ebay, but unfortunately the record head must have been damaged and it gummed up my blank tape and then dirtied the play head. I fully cleaned it and it played back tapes again perfectly, but once I tried to record, the same happened, so now I need to find a new one.

I can't afford a top-of-the-line VCR and don't need one for this project. I can probably spring for maybe $150 and below. I just need it to record properly to blank tapes and play them back. I have a Sony PVM monitor that accepts composite, RGB and S-Video so the VCR would need to at least have a composite input and output for my pipeline. I saw one JVC S-VHS (though not on this forum's list of great decks) that was refurbished and comes with a 1 year warranty for around $130, so that will be my fallback if I can't find anything else.

Can you guys suggest any reputable online shops that sell refurbished consumer VCRs, or Ebay sellers that are known not to be scammers? If you could also suggest some decent consumer decks for what I need to do, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-29-2021, 10:39 AM
Free Member

TGrant has a refurbished Daewoo for $100.