Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-10-2022, 07:01 PM
Free Member

I've been trying to get an All-in-wonder HD (HD 3650 with Theater 650 pro), specifically the 650 pro part of it, working for a few days.
I tried at first on windows 10 x64 but with no luck at all there, I switched to windows 7 x64 which at least allowed the autorun installer to complete and ATI multi media center(MMC) to open.
Of course it gives me the "no tv tuner device found" (or something along those lines) error.
Recently I tried following the guide http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...html#post21078 here but It just gets stuck where you see in the attached screenshot.
In additon, the screenshot includes two other ISOs of discs. I have only tried the autorun on these.
I did try to find info on this website for the AIW HD, as well as the PCI 650, but all I can find is the post linked above.

Currently I have two primary questions.
1. Am I even using the correct driver discs for the AIW HD? I can't seem to find an ISO of the disk that came with it and dont have one myself. If anyone knows a disc ID that works/has an ISO that would be greatly appreciated.

2. Am I using the correct OS and software? I am not dead set on either. If there is a better alternative to MMC, or if another OS works better than Windows 7, please let me know! I would especially like if I could get it running on a modern OS, like Windows 10 or whatever flavor of linux suits it best.

Thank you for any help!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-11-2022, 02:35 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickatron View Post
Recently I tried following the guide http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...html#post21078 here but It just gets stuck where you see in the attached screenshot.

In additon, the screenshot includes two other ISOs of discs. I have only tried the autorun on these.
You forgot to attach it.

Quote:
2. Am I using the correct OS and software? I am not dead set on either. If there is a better alternative to MMC, or if another OS works better than Windows 7, please let me know! I would especially like if I could get it running on a modern OS, like Windows 10 or whatever flavor of linux suits it best.
I think what you want is the WDM driver for ATI All-in-Wonder HD. I would download 10-2_legacy_xp32-64_wdm.rar from lordsmurf's post.

Only if that doesn't work, I would resort to also installing the larger 10.2 package from the same post. (Because I avoid using the packaged software and I hate bloat.)

Linux is definitely a no-go. Your best bet is Vista, but if you want to continue experimenting, it seems other people managed to get it installed using contemporary versions of Win7. In searching I'm reading complaints of Windows Updates breaking it along the way, so even if it was possible with the 2009 version of Win7 that doesn't mean it will be possible with the current version.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...m=w7itpromedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poster in 2013
I experienced the same trouble to set this up on a Nforce4 A8N-SLI (Asus) running Win 7 x64 (SP1). It ended up successfully using the OEM ATI installation CD-ROM labelled 180-V01129-100. Everything works fine in WMC including AC-3 over SPDIF via Toslink optical connection. I even installed my old RemoteWonderPlus with drivers scrounged on the net — 3-04_rw.exe and setup_rwplus_xp_vista.exe.
The driver version for the graphic card is 8.920.0.0 (09-11-11) and the ATI Unified AVStream device, NTativlm61, is driven by version 6.14.10.299 (11-07-08).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poster in 2009
The good news is that I got it working tonight, here's how:
1- Updated to the newest driver from ATI (9.10 released 10/22/09)
2- in Device Manager, found this device (NTativlm61) in Other Devices - says that the device isn't working, click on it and search for driver
3- locate the driver here: (find your ATI folder, then) Packages\Drivers\WDM\AVS_RIO\LH64A\

I didn't need to reboot, just restarted WMC.
The following users thank msgohan for this useful post: Nickatron (04-11-2022)
04-11-2022, 03:35 AM
Free Member

Thanks for the info! I'll get vista figured out and report back when I give it a go!

Here is the screenshot I took and forgot to attach haha.

Sorry about the quality, forum seems to automatically reduce the quality.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.jpg (41.2 KB, 7 downloads)
04-15-2022, 12:48 AM
Free Member

I was able to get the TV tuner portion of the All-in-wonder HD working! It took a vista reinstall after mucking up the first one and some driver juggling, but I will list below the final setup.

As a side note, the FM tuner still says "no radio tuner" when clicking radio on the homescreen. It allows me to open the radio settings and start a scan, but gets stuck at 0% and then has to be force quit to close the program. I feel the fm tuner driver still is not set up (see screenshot that I will remember to attach this time) If anyone knows how to get that working, I would love to get full functionality out of this device!

First I started with the gpu driver. The minimal install lordsmurf provided may work but that was tested before I reinstalled vista, and the full install had some install error for me, but guru3d hosts 10.2 with a mirror. I trust guru3d, but use any and all of these files at your own risk. Not that it should be much of an issue as any vista system should probably never be on your network, or removed as soon as you transferred the files you need.
Then I rebooted

Second, was getting ATI multi media center. I installed this with the ISO provided by lordsmurf on this post. (I actually used the mega link provided by another user below, again at your own risk.)
This can be burned to a cd/dvd or you can use an emulator program like virtualclonedrive by Elaborate Bytes AG. For the record, the specific version of virtualclonedrive I used was 5.5.2.0.
Run the appropriate setup.exe according to your OS based on 2nd lordsmurf link (in the event that is gone sometime in the future, the short version is, ISO root\install\OS VERSION\Bin(64) 64 if 64bit os, otherwise normal bin), click install until you get to the screen where you can choose express or custom, choose custom and uncheck everything it allows you to uncheck except for ati multi media center. Let the install run.
Reboot again.

At this point I was able to open ATI Multi media center and setup took me through a TV tuner setup process.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.JPG (33.9 KB, 5 downloads)
04-15-2022, 01:10 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
ATI 650 USB / PCI are not a good card anyway. AGC issues.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs