03-27-2023, 01:37 AM
Free Member

I've been looking to digitise som old vhs tapes recently and managed to get my hands on a good svhs model vcr,
im now trying to figure out what capture card is best, i've seen the ATI 600 USB is a well regarded choice, and i've got a Bauhn Dvd Maker sold at aldi australia many years ago (probably around 2010-11?), which physically looks the same as the Tevion ATI 600 clone, but appears to have different inputs (RCA +component YCbCr).

it came with 'arcsoft showbiz software', the device shows up as 'video grabber', and has some options for pal/ntsc/seecam variations, aswell as some sliders for brightness contrast, etc

i've opened the case to get a look at the chips and they appear significantly different to the Tevion.

does anyone have any experience with this card or is able to recognise the chips in it from the attatched pictures, i'm inclined to say it's a cheapo but i'm realy only guessing so im interested to see if someone with more experience knows anything about it

Attached Images
File Type: jpg unit w case.jpg (61.3 KB, 11 downloads)
File Type: jpg unit without case.jpg (80.7 KB, 10 downloads)
File Type: png videograbber.PNG (59.3 KB, 11 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-27-2023, 01:51 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Hello, welcome.

Nope.

(1) Those are generic card stick cases.
(2) That card is definitely NOT a clone, wrong chips on the board, ATI is not Conexant.

That may even be one of the infamous fake CX chips from China, as used on Easycap/Ezcap (Easycrap), given how it's a no-name brand sold by Aldi. Now, I like Aldi, good stuff at good prices. But some of their non-food items is garbage. And some is gold under house brands. All is rebadged.

That proc amp setting is nuts. 5000?

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
03-27-2023, 02:10 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordsmurf
That proc amp setting is nuts. 5000?
Same as the Hauppauge USB Live2.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Live2 Proc Amp.jpg (132.4 KB, 7 downloads)
03-27-2023, 02:19 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hushpower View Post
Same as the Hauppauge USB Live2.
Interesting. Perhaps OS false reading? I don't remember that on XP. I may have to dig out my card sometime to confirm.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs