Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-04-2018, 03:49 PM
Free Member

I am running Windows 10 and installed the ATI 600 software off the dvd. When I insert the USB stick Windows makes the sound that recognises something is connected but ATI Catalyst Media Center does not recognise any VHS input. I have tried both svideo and composite input signals.

When I select Videos -- Capture Device to see the incoming vhs signal there is nothing to be seen.

Also there seems to be some sort of light on the side of the USB stick That does not light up even though windows 10 makes a recognition noise when the USB stick connects.

Based of a forum member comment I downloaded the vista 64 bit option and installed it from here

https://www.diamondmm.com/legacyprod...er-hd-600.html

Am I supposed to being using virtualdub instead? Not sure what that means.

Hope that makes sense

Cheers

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-04-2018, 04:45 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
Lots of issues all at once. Let's start here...

Win10 introduced issues in recent months. Lots of reports on every forum/blog/site related to anything video anywhere, this one included. Win10 is a terrible OS for capturing.

The likely fix = http://www.digitalFAQ.com/forum/vide...i-600-usb.html

All you do is
- #1 - force-install the Vista x64 drivers off the disc
- #2 - use VirtualDub for AVI lossless capturing

The disc image is for download in the forum, if needed. I cannot guarantee drivers from anywhere else.

ATI CMC is NTSC only, MPEG only.

You also need to run a quick registry audio hack, to change levels to 128. It's default at 255, aka too loud and illegal levels, because ATI forgot to add a driver control. But one thing at a time.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs