03-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Free Member

Guys, I've been using mpeg-vcr to edit my shows I record with my DVD recorders but as of late I've been having a problem. It edits fine, it just it takes forever to save the file to a folder or I get a running time error and it stops.

Any ideas, I've runn my spyware and anti0virus programs and nothing shows up. I've did a disc clean up and defrag my harddrive and still have the same problem. Any ideas or suggestions of what the problem might be?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Free Member

odd. i havnt had that problem yet. how are you using it?

i just use dvd decrypter to make the episode/vob file in IFO settings. then drag and drop the vob in the program and remove commercials and then hit the pink/yellow looking pill button and save it. only takes like 30 seconds to save 23min episode.

maybe you need more ram? or who knows
03-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Free Member

That's pretty much what I do or I'll use Nero, edit and save to folder. It's strange something is interfering with the program. I decided to use Video Redo and I'm surprised ay how fast it is! So, I guess I'm using Video Redo for now!
03-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Free Member

I ve had no problem with mpg vcr. Like Rickas said takes no time at all. Did you use the tool function to check your files for errors? could be the file Not MPG VCR. Or Mpeg video Wizard, Or Video redo, Or tmpeg. Pretty much anything but Nero. lol. I dont even use it to burn discs with lol To each his own.

03-03-2008, 06:05 AM
Free Member

Never did find out what is going on with Mpeg-vcr, I've just started using Video Redo. It is a little bit more cumbersome than Mpeg-VCR, but it is more exact and results are good.

You know I've tried to use Decryptor on IFo mode to extract an mpeg and my results have been mixed. Sometimes it works for me and it shows the whole show has been extracted but I can't seem to edit it. It is like the first part of the show that was on before the ep I wanted is the only part I can get to. I wish there were some other programs beside Decryptor or Nero I could use to extract and edit the shows I record off of my DVD recorders. Any suggestions???
03-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Womble MPEG Video Wizard would be my second choice after MPEG-VCR.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
03-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Free Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MagnificentMarcus

Never did find out what is going on with Mpeg-vcr, I've just started using Video Redo. It is a little bit more cumbersome than Mpeg-VCR, but it is more exact and results are good.

You know I've tried to use Decryptor on IFo mode to extract an mpeg and my results have been mixed. Sometimes it works for me and it shows the whole show has been extracted but I can't seem to edit it. It is like the first part of the show that was on before the ep I wanted is the only part I can get to. I wish there were some other programs beside Decryptor or Nero I could use to extract and edit the shows I record off of my DVD recorders. Any suggestions???
Do you have TMPGenc DVD Author? I use that to extract tracks to mpegs, works great. You just do the "Source" option, pick a directory and the file it builds is an mpeg2 file. The older (pre-1.6) version had some synch issues, but I've not seen it in recent releases.
03-04-2008, 12:51 AM
Free Member

When I had this issue, the easiest way to fix it is to blow your image back down onto your machine. If you don't take images of your machine, then rebuild it. Typically the problem is deeper than simply uninstalling and reinstalling.
03-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Free Member

is it possible womble was actually re-encoding your clips instead of the simple join?

Also if you go with wombles mpeg video wizard dvd, it can frameserve to others apps. If you do add effects or anything else you do not have to fear with using wombles crap encoder. I used it a few times and frameserved directly to tmpg
03-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Free Member

Blow your image back, re-encoding?? What are you guys talking about? All I was doing was editing a show that I had recorded with my DVD recorder. I've done it hundreds of times and never had a problem.
03-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Free Member

Strange, I just re-installed Mpeg-Vcr and it works fine now. Although, it has always taken me about 3 minutes to save an hour show. I really surprised to hear it only takes some people about 30 seconds to save a 1/2 hour show.
03-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Free Member

MM from your description of the problem it sounded as if for some reasom womble was re-encoding your clips, but seeing as you did a fresh install again, something must have corrupted the original program
03-09-2008, 04:44 AM
Free Member

Or some program or spyware was conflicting with it.