Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Restore, Filter, Improve Quality

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-01-2022, 05:45 PM
Free Member

The tapes I am digitalising are made up of multiple clips which are taken over different days/events/places, I am looking at splitting these up into shorter clips, so I can find clips easily and be able to share individual clips with different people.

I have managed to get Premiere Pro working with the capture, should I just split the video up in premiere and export each clip?

Hybrid was mentioned to me previously, I have installed it, but unsure what settings I should be changing, I have had a look but can't seem to find much on the forum about Hybrid. Should I be running the whole capture through hybrid before putting it into Premiere? Should I be making any edits and if so at what stage?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-02-2022, 07:20 AM
Free Member

Hybrid isn't really meant to split clips so it might be totally the wrong tool for the job.
I does support splitting by FileSize when "Config->Containers->General Settings->File splitting (MiB)" is enabled and set to the target file size to split by.
AviDemux or VirtualDub might be more suited for splitting.
06-02-2022, 07:38 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
Hybrid isn't really meant to split clips so it might be totally the wrong tool for the job.
I does support splitting by FileSize when "Config->Containers->General Settings->File splitting (MiB)" is enabled and set to the target file size to split by.
AviDemux or VirtualDub might be more suited for splitting.
Thanks for the reply, yeah I'm pretty certain it's not for splitting the file, I'm guessing I need to run the file through Hybrid first, and then I can split with Premiere, or any video editor.

Hybrid seems to have many settings, and I'm not sure how I should be setting it up. Before splitting up the file I want to be sure I have converted it with Hybrid correctly, as it's going to take a while for me to split it up.
06-02-2022, 07:44 AM
Free Member

Sorry, to say this, but if you don't really know what you want to do, then Hybrid is probably the wrong tool for you.
Hybrid is GUI which allows to use Avisynth or Vapoursynth filters and convert using a bunch or encoders.

Cu Selur
The following users thank Selur for this useful post: lollo2 (06-02-2022)

Tags
editing, hybrid, premiere pro