Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Project Planning, Workflows

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-21-2020, 05:37 PM
Free Member

I just recently got hold of one of these in what looked like really good condition, on the outside anyway.

Got it all set up put a tape in and got no picture but sound! machine is making a right squealing sound as well when playing a tape then gradually stops.

I jogged it forward slowly the picture played, soon as I removed the video and put another one in the same thing happened no picture but sound. I tried a few tapes and it did it with them all.

Put a couple of videos up of the picture issue and another issue when trying to eject the tape it makes a right clunking sound then it will either stop making the sound then shut the machine down.

Check the videos here, sorry about the quality they were taken with my tablet

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7n..._as=subscriber

I am returning this item because I can't find anywhere at the minute who can service it for me, the seller has accepted my return. Just a bit unhappy because the machine looks in really great condition.

-- merged --

Think I may have found the issue I was seeing

https://youtu.be/rWK9HHDBUY0

It looks like an issue with the bottom of the head drum overheating after several minutes, the seller wouldn't have noticed this when just testing to see if it worked. I have guided the seller to this topic so I do hope they get it repaired in the future.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-31-2020, 04:21 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
I didn't see squealing on the video99 video, and your video seems to be gone now.

Anyway, I have a PAL JVC deck that squeals and jerks on REW, but only on the last 25% of so of a tape. I wonder if those are related squeals. Did yours squeal at the front of a tape, but disappear at it moved towards the middle of the tape? How long was "gradually"?

I've not had time yet to make my video, post a thread on my issue. But yours reminds me of this.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
12-31-2020, 02:43 PM
Free Member

That video is for the HR-S7600 VCR not Panasonic, The seller actually made a big complaint about it over at VideoHelp and I defended you since I didn't see anything wrong you have done to the VCR in the video, I informed the seller what's very likely wrong with the VCR and told him neither him nor you probably knew about the fault but $hit happens with vintage stuff like this.
12-31-2020, 02:48 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by latreche34 View Post
That video is for the HR-S7600 VCR not Panasonic, The seller actually made a big complaint about it over at VideoHelp and I defended you since
Wait, wait, you're mixing things up here.

lojelo5 is the seller at VH, where the buyer was hamfisted in operating the JVC VCR.

In the OP here, he linked to the root Google account. Whatever FS200 video was there is now gone, but he still has the JVC eBay video in the shared folder.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs