01-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Free Member

Hi kpmedia.

I was reading one of your article on web host and I just wanted to thank you for the detail and accurate description. I was about to purchase a plan with namecheap.com and did a little search prior. You convinced me with good arguments that stablehost was a better choice for my business.

All that being said, I'll still pretty newb in this department, and I had a small question for you, I hope you don't mind.
Should I register my domain with stablehost or would it be cheaper to register it elsewhere and then transfer it to stablehost? If so, are they any advantages/disadvantages?

Thanks and keep the good article coming.

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

As much as I like and trust Stablehost, even if they gave me a domain for free, I'd still abide by my rule: ALWAYS USE A REGISTRAR. It only $10 per year. That's worth it for the insurance and piece of mind alone, and we do that for many domains, not just the one.

Ironically, Namecheap is one of the best registrars you can get!

It's their hosting that's maybe inferior to Stablehost. (The jury is still out on that one, as we'd really like to see Namecheap hosting improve. They've been trying. At this point we need them to address some of the ToS and AUP at web-hosting.com, which is kind of the same company. We'll probably make some changes on those reviews in the near future.)

Anyway, register the domain with Namecheap.com
But host it from Stablehost.com, in order to have the best hosting.

There's no rule that you have the same company when one is not an exert at that task. Pick two.

We use Directnic and Namecheap for all of our domains.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
01-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Free Member

Fair enough!

Thank you.